Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Slowing the refresh rate?

Default Slowing the refresh rate?

Is there any way of slowing the refresh rate/reading speed any further than the max it has?
    I'm running one of the USM modules for my fuel level, and the numbers jump up and down way too much.

Can you change anything in the programming to slow this down any further?

Default Re: Slowing the refresh rate?

even setting it at the slowest refresh in datalink is way too much for fuel level
    they need to use the software from the udx dash for fuel level

it has been asked many times but nothing got done,i now use an autometer gauge

Quote Originally Posted by nigel b
    even setting it at the slowest refresh in datalink is way too much for fuel level
    they need to use the software from the udx dash for fuel level

it has been asked many times but nothing got done,i now use an autometer gauge
    Pity, surely it's an easy thing to add into the programming.... :?:

It kinda makes the fuel warning light I have programmed on one of the IQ3's lights a bit useless as it flickers on around corners at about half a tank!

I ran into the same issue and am thinking about building an LCR filter circuit to slow the reaction of the input. I did try an input filter by IRQ engineering but it was troublesome with the stock sender in my car, which produces a really dirty signal. They ere trying a new firmware but the unit they put that into got lost in the international post.

I should follow them up again and ge tthem to send me another one even if I have to pay again, they are not that expensive.

Also, by my understanding, the averaging in the dash display positions is very quick and the other filter setting on the raw input relates to graphical display in the PC software not display on the dash.

Racepak's programmer and IT guy died in 1979, so there has been very little progress since then. Rumour has it they've hired a new person now though working on datalink. He was born earlier this year, and will start work in 18 years time.

Quote Originally Posted by tristancliffe
    Racepak's programmer and IT guy died in 1979, so there has been very little progress since then. Rumour has it they've hired a new person now though working on datalink. He was born earlier this year, and will start work in 18 years time.
    Bahahaha! :lol:

18 years? We'll have flying DeLorens powered by Mr Fusion units by then.....

I had the same issue with the USM and factory sensor.

I decided to ditch the factory float ohm output sensor for a much better, more accurate sensor with a 0-5V output and solid state, no moving parts, so i can also have foam in that section of the tank.

http://www.gillsensors.com/content/R-Se ... ensor.html

There made by Gill Sensors. These level sensors and or there other fuel/oil level sensors are used on high end Motorsport, ie V8 supercars, Lemans, F1 ect.

Custom length on order, these cost around just under $1K, so not cheap.

Or you can go a similar cheaper sensor like the ones made by ATL.

I have actually just received another signal conditioner, hopefully I have time to fit it and calibrate it before an event this weekend.

Trick sensors like the solid state one you mention would be nice but heavily overkill for what I am doing with the car. I really just need to know that it has enough fuel in it to do a couple more laps. I can get that even with the IRQ conditioner that did not like the dirty output of my sender as it works fine when the car is not moving so it is OK for sprints and so on. Hopefully the new one will work well enough on track for the couple of longer run events I do each year so I can keep tabs on fuel use while on track.

Thanks for he input guys
    Yeah, the digital sensors would be awesome, but way too over kill for what I would need.
    Kinda crazy that the dash is so limited in this part, I think it's a 0-15 refresh rate if I remember correctly.
    Racepak need a page on here where we can put suggestions for software upgrades, The ECU I run in my car does on their website, and they find it helpful in understanding what people need.

if they had a part of the forum for feature requests on software i doubt anything would happen
    just take a look at the software part of this forum - nothing useful
    racepak was going to post different ideas for math channel documentation but that didnt happen either(2.5 years ago now)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast