Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IQ3 and Megasquirt 3/3x

Default IQ3 and Megasquirt 3/3x

Hi guys,
    So I can see the new firmware for the MS3/3s does not work with the IQ3 EFI module for megasquirt. Do you guys have any plans to update this. My race car is near completion and this is not good. It is pushing many of the MS3 users to AiM products, but unfortunately I have already purchased IQ3 and do believe it is the better product.

Cheers,
    Omid

Default Re: IQ3 and Megasquirt 3/3x

Sir,

I have just spoke with the engineer and the data stream from the MS2 is the same as MS3. YOu would need part number 230-VM-EFIMS2. this should get you dialed in.

Hello Cam,

Thank you for response. That is incorrect. The data stream used is based on the early release of MS3 which is no longer is in use. At some point about a year ago that is changed. I can forward you the information that MS3 sends out on the serial port if that helps. In addition MS3 and MS2 both support CAN communications. Is that something you guys are willing to support in the future?

Best regards,
    Omid

Got it working! Thank you!

Hi guys im writing to you from Australia I have a megasquirt 3 in my car and would like to use a Iq3 dash. What do I need to do/buy to achieve this as im a bit confused?

Cheers

Stuart

Buy the module for MS2/MS3 and you are good to go. Make sure it's not the MS1 module.

Thanks so that's the part number listed above?

Quote Originally Posted by trb012
    Thanks so that's the part number listed above?
    Yes!

Thanks mate

Ok guys, I'm getting ready to pull the trigger and purchase my IQ3 Dash for my MS3 system and I want to confirm that the MS2 Interface Module (230-VM-EFIMS2) will work for my MS3 System? Is this still working for everyone? Any Problems? Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast