Thread: IQ3 and Vipec i/V-series ecus CAN communication

Default IQ3 and Vipec i/V-series ecus CAN communication

Hi,

I´m about to purchase IQ3, but have found out there could be issues with CAN communcation or lack thereof? The issue is that I want to keep the laptop hooked up with ECU all the time and if IQ3 is utilizing serial communication only, this is not possible since laptop is using the serial communication from ECU, i.e the serial stream cannot be devided between devices.

Just to make sure, is IQ3 available with true CAN communication interface or serial only with Vipec ECUs?

Thanks!

Default Re: IQ3 and Vipec i/V-series ecus CAN communication

Hu huu? Anybody active on this forum?

Could the CAN be doable via specific CAN interface. Someone is claiming so:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1337&start=40

Anyone? :roll: Tried to email to Racepak, but no answer.. :?

I don't believe that Racepak has an official CANBUS interface available for the VIPEC/Link ECU but there are a few prototype CANBUS interfaces out there that are working fine via CANBUS so you might be able to get them to make you one the same.

We have one of the prototypes and it works perfectly. I thought the plan was for them to make it a proper product available for purchase once it was tested OK, but that hasn't happened from what I've seen.

Try calling the office and talking to Eric Lowe about the interface and I'm sure he'll be able to get one made up for you.

I also have one of the CANBUS prototype cable on my ViPec, (Thank to F1racr to help me set it up) it works very well and I have told RacePak this......still not sure why they are not offering this as an off the shelf option yet.

I believe the CANBUS version of the VIPEC / Link ECU cable is now available from Racepak so that's what you'll need to have full tuning capabilities from the laptop whilst the dash is also working.