Thread: Smartwire Switching with RaceGrade (Motec) Motorsport Keypad

Default Smartwire Switching with RaceGrade (Motec) Motorsport Keypad

Anybody know exactly if there's an interface to use the RaceGrade (Motec) Motorsport Keypad with the Smartwire?

Racegrade makes several Keypad adapters to interface the Keypad with the Motec CAN buss.

Someone has to make an adapter to use the Keypad with the Vnet CAN buss protocol.

Here's the RaceGrade Motorsport Keypad here... this thing is very nice.

http://racegrade.com/keypad.html or here http://racegrade.com/keypad.html

Thanks,

TonyG

Tony Garcia - General Manger
    ArchSoftware
    (818) 635-3966

Default Re: Smartwire Switching with RaceGrade (Motec) Motorsport Ke

I'm very interested in this also. Anyway we can get racepak to answer this?

Currently, we do not have an CAN interface for the Racegrade unit. However, we do offer our SwitchModule (P/N 500-SW-5M16) which works with other third-party switches and switch panels.

Sincerely,
    Todd Paton
    todd@racepak.com
    949-709-5555 ext. 1652

Quote Originally Posted by todd@racepak
    Currently, we do not have an CAN interface for the Racegrade unit. However, we do offer our SwitchModule (P/N 500-SW-5M16) which works with other third-party switches and switch panels.

Sincerely,

Thanks. But we really want a higher quality switch panel that has feed back. Plain switches are only on/off and don't indicate the status of the output. Big difference when your racing.

TonyG
    Tony Garcia - General Manger
    ArchSoftware
    (818) 635-3966

I understand, TonyG. We'll let you know if anything new develops on this front.

Sincerely,
    Todd Paton
    todd@racepak.com
    949-709-5555 ext. 1652

Very nice racegrade keypad, is it still available?

is it possible to get the can protocol between the smartwire and the switchbox and the additional switch driver?

this devices are not motorsport grade, they are for handycaped people or dragster driver, to be able to hit a switch unter a lateral G force of 10 ^^

this would open doors! to be able to do some switch panels like the race grade - or use a adruino board on the steering wheel to get all switches and stuff done

which channels are provided by the Haltech Can 2.0 to the smart wire?!

Can protocol of the VNET bus would also open doors - I know you want to sell your big heavy stuff for monster hands made - but if there would be fine features from 3rd party maybe someone would buy your smartwire because of the flexibility ?!

BR

What's needed here is a configurable canbus interface so you can get the motec canbus template and apply that to the 'Racepak interface', but as far as I'm aware there's not such interface available, but I don't see why there couldn't be....... it simply needs to be added to the Datalink software so the interface is seen but the channels aren't preconfigured and then you can configure each channel with the canbus code you wanted.........

Using a membrane switch panel is something I ask about just about every month.
    I have been taking to a company about making some panels up for us to use with smartwire, The difficulty is getting the switch data into the smartwire. For sure it can be done by switching to ground or vbat but surely the point is to minimise wiring so its CAN input we want.

The other problem is a tactile switch is momentary and so we would need the smartwire to have a toggle logic.

Whats planned here guys?