X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bob_Alder
    • Sep 2008

Trying to set "Reference Lap" results in program crash

Hmm. Season starting, so starting to look at data. For some reason, I can't set the reference lap (File > Set Reference Lap). I get a program crash message which forces me to close the program. I can, however, open all laps and open the fastest lap OK. Just can't set a chosen lap as a Reference lap.

Tried it for two difference race sessions with the same result -- a program crash. "Application stopped working - Close program" message box each time I try to set the reference lap.

Data Link 3.7.5 version. Seems like I did a program update recently.

Any thoughts???
  • Bob_Alder
    • Sep 2008

Re: Trying to set "Reference Lap" results in program crash

Don't know why. Today when working on some stuff, reference lap could be set with no problem. Have no idea why it now works. Using the same .rpk file. Oh well, problem "solved."

Comment

• Bob_Alder
      • Sep 2008

Not to beat a dead horse, but I think the solution was to only open the Fastest Lap, and then set it as the reference lap. Then open all the other laps and do the side-by-side comps. Anyway, I think that was the solution.

Comment

• tristancliffe
        • May 2008

And sometimes you have two laps (one of which is the reference) and it will not show laptime differences no matter what you do. I've even resorted to system reboots to try and make it work. I've had to tell paying customers that I can't show them where they are losing time as a line like I normally would, and they aren't impressed.

If I complain enough about Datalink maybe they'll do something about it. But even the major releases (from version 3.x to version 4.x, the sort of change that would be MASSIVE) only change the colour of config file tabs and a few icon tweaks. The same bugs are still there, with the same dated interface, and the same lack of features.

Comment

• imported_jimg
          • Jan 2013

tristancliffe

Keep up the good work complaining to Racepak but I feel they may not listen to you or
          do anything about it since there has not been any changes for many years!

Jim

Comment

• tim@racepak
            • Oct 2007

We are in the very preliminary stages of a completely new software design...with the release well off in the future..but it is coming.

Thanks

Tim

Comment

• tiagosantos
              • Dec 2010

Looks like this post slipped through the cracks. From all of us that have "suffered" through the quirks of using Datalink, I can only tell you how anxious we are to hear more about the new version of the software. I expect great things, Tim, don't disappoint us! ;)

Comment

• tom_hampton
                • May 2011

Hallelujah! That absolutely makes my entire week!!!!!

I've been trying to decide about investing in more inputs to my G2X Red. I was seriously hung-up on doubling down on Datalink. But, I'm willing to muddle through...if I know there is a light at the end of that tunnel.

Comment

Working...
                X