Thread: How to finds faults in vehicle.

Default How to finds faults in vehicle.

Hi

I have been looking at buying a Smartwire and an IQ3 dash for Off-Road use
    since the bumps and vibrations are so bad fuses and relays cop a bashing.
    I want to re-wire everything and fit my own switches.

Now I have been playing with the Datalink Software and reading the Smartwire
    doco but I cannot find any Diagnostic channels?
    If something goes wrong being in the middle of nowhere how to find the problem
    with a short or open circuit ? - How do I display it on the IQ3 ?

I can't carry a laptop in the buggy and looking at the channels I need
    to log, I would not have enough channels left to log all the Smartwire channels
    so any advice would be grateful.

Thanks
    Jim

Default Re: How to finds faults in vehicle.

To diagnose problems and look at everything at once you will have to hook up your laptop into your Smartwire. By doing so you will be able to display the status of each input and output channels for trouble shooting. You can also display different output’s status on the IQ3 display dash if you want but remember you will be limited by the number of display channels on the dash. Feel free to contract us here by phone at Racepak for further details. 949-709-5555

Default Re: How to finds faults in vehicle.

Cam

I mainly wanted just one Diagnostic channel to be displayed on the IQ3 showing which channel(s)
    are at fault, then we can call our Pit crew and tell them what parts to get ready.

Unfortunately the bumps and vibration is not suited to carry a laptop

In this particular Off-Road use the Smartwire may not be suited for us,
    also other Power Distribution Modules are much more expensive than Racepak version.
    Mmm.. I will have to change my thinking.

Anyway, thanks for trying to help.

Jim