Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Datalink updated?!

Default Datalink updated?!

I have just seen a reference elsewhere to DL 4.1.1 and now have downloaded it. But before I open it and load up, where do I find out what the updates are - I can't seem to find anything on the site about the update ... :roll: If I have missed it, please point it out to me ops:

Thanks

:mrgreen:
    IQ3 logger, Haltech PS1000, USM - for now!

Default Re: Datalink updated?!

There is a file in C:\Program Files (x86)\DataLinkII\Docs\ (may be a different install location on your machine) called "DataLink Release Notes.pdf" which gives you the change log. There is usually some interesting stuff in there - for example the note "Added support for GoPro Hero interface module".

Tim / Todd - Is that a new product coming out?

It sure is. Check out the video that was shot at the 2012 PRI show.

http://youtu.be/qJ9yDNDPsX4

Sincerely,
    Todd Paton
    todd@racepak.com
    949-709-5555 ext. 1652

Quote Originally Posted by todd@racepak
    It sure is. Check out the video that was shot at the 2012 PRI show.

http://youtu.be/qJ9yDNDPsX4

Sincerely,
    Any ETA on availability?

Because Racepak are too lazy, and customer service is way down the list of priorities, you have to install Datalink to find out if you need to install datalink (to get the release notes).

So the last few are here (as of 4.3.3). Maybe Racepak will take note of this persistant complaint one day and add a Release Notes pdf to the download page?

Code:
    Build 4.3.0 09/17/2013
    1) Added the ability to skip missing VNET channels when performing a Write VNET Config.
    2) Added the ability to enable/disable the power on bulb check on the 4 channel warning
    module.
    3) Added the ability to enable/disable the warning tag on the bottom of the IQ3 display.
    4) Fixed issue that could cause Datalink to crash when uploading a .ddf file with Smartwire
    channels.
    Build 4.3.1 10/17/2013
    1) Added support for FuelTech interface module.
    Build 4.3.2 11/26/2013
    1) Updated support for Link G4/Vipec EFI CAN interface module.
    2) Added support for Atomic LS EFI interface module.
    3) Added support for MicroTech ECU.
    4) Added support for USM_V2.
    Build 4.3.3 02/25/2014
    1) Added support for MSD 8771.
    2) Updated scalings in Hondata canparm file

Thanks for posting this Tristan.

I should celebrate, it looks like one of my suggestions has been taken up (option to disable warnings), so I need to update to explore this new feature.

USM V2? I can find nothing about this ... should I be surprised?

Since Tristan asked so nicely , we have added a link for the DataLink Release Notes just below the link to download DataLink II. Version 4.3.4 of our software was released yesterday.

Click here to download DataLink II 4.3.4: http://www.racepak.com/downloads/dat...kII_v4.3.4.exe

Click here for the Release Notes: http://www.racepak.com/downloads/dat...ease_Notes.pdf

The USM_V2 that you see in the notes refers to an update coming to the existing USM module to give it increased functionality. Look for some information on that soon.

Please let us know if you have any questions/comments/concerns.

Sincerely,
    Todd Paton
    todd@racepak.com
    949-709-5555 ext. 1652

Thanks Todd.

Looking forward to this increased USM functionality ...

Sometimes asking nicely doesn't get noticed.

Thank you for listening and doing this. Much appreciated. Will download the update now.

I suppose I should be happy with 4.3.3, just powered up a new system for first time and discovered a 2009 date in the data file. Was a little worried until now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast