Thread: SC1000 8 EGTs

Default SC1000 8 EGTs

Hi,
    just wondering what is required to put 8 EGT sensors on an SC1000?

Thanks.

Default Re: SC1000 8 EGTs

Hi There I have a spare set of used boxes and thermocouples you will need to buy a cable

Be sure to check that the unit has the EGT circuit board installed and is programmed for the EGTs before adding the boxes and cable. You can do this by turning the SC1000 on with the DISP switch held up to start the LED display. Then, using the FUNCTION toggle switch, toggle through the funtions. If the Temp LED lights up, and the CHANNEL toggle allows you to switch through CYL1, CYL3, etc. then all you need are the boxes, probes and cable as indicated above.

Please contact me if you have any other questions.

Sincerely,
    Todd Paton
    todd@racepak.com
    949-709-5555 ext. 1652

Thanks for that guys,
    it's not in the car at the moment so I'll power it up on the bench and see if it's got the EGT setup in it.
    If it doesn't, can the SC1000 be modified to include the EGT board?

inqldaus,
    how much do you want for your spare boxes and probes?

Cheers,
    Ryan

Hi Ryan,

We can still perform the 8-channel EGT upgrade to the SC1000. However, we would need to perform this before the end of this year. We will be discontinuing support for the SC1000 unit on January 1, 2013.

We will still stock cables, transducers, etc. for the SC1000, but will not be making any repairs or upgrades to the actual units.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Sincerely,
    Todd Paton
    todd@racepak.com
    949-709-5555 ext. 1652