Thread: iq3 haltech dash

Default iq3 haltech dash

so i got a haltech iq3 dash off a mate for a good price now the question is can i use this with out using the haltech say i want to use it with a hondata kpro i have read that i can just got to turn off the haltech channels i just want to make sure that itll work before i buy the vnet or sell it off

cheers dave

Default Re: iq3 haltech dash

I have the exact same situation and it works just fine.

I have disabled all of the Haltech channels (you can't remove them, but you can ignore them) and then purchased a ViPec module for ECU and setup those channels and it all works fine.

I have no idea if they make an interface for the Hondata, I doubt they do, so you will have to purchase a USM (universal sensor module) to be able to get readings such as fuel level, water temp, oil temp, etc etc so that the dash can display that information, you'll probably need more than one USM as you can only get 4 sensors per USM but I think you can have quite a few USM's together.

Might be easier to think about changing to an ECU that does have a Racepak module to suit so that you can take information straight from the ECU instead of having to double up on wiring and having to use lots of USM modules.

i was reading they have the vnet for the hondata so it will work just like the vipec thing

cheers

Perfect