Thread: using 2 smartwire modules and OEM type gauge and V-net

Default using 2 smartwire modules and OEM type gauge and V-net

I am putting together a Ford GT40 as a track day car. I am leaning towards Smartwire (2 modules, one for rear and one for front), 2 switch modules tied to front smartwire , G2X Pro data loggers linked to BS3 engine management. The biggest question is there a way to drive regular gauge from the v-net (can bus). I would like to retain the GT40 unique gauge layout and sized gauges and drive them with a cannel on the v-net. I have looked through your catalog and did not see any output devices. I believe this would be a great addition to your products as I am sure a lot of people would like to keep some of their original displays.

The current gauges in the car are (Tach, Fuel L/H, Clock, Volts, Oil Pressure, Speedo, Water temp and Fuel R/H). As you can see the number of redundant sensors and the amount wire for them would be eliminated.

Also can one Smartwire module talk to the another. This would eliminate all wires going from the front of the car to the rear; except the power to the front module and a v-net cable. I am sure you are aware that a GT40 is a mid-engine car and currently the amount of wires going from the front of the car to rear is a bundle about 1.25 inches in diameter.

Here is an example of how I see the wiring working.

Brakes:
    two 0-1500 psi pressure sensor, one on front break line and one on rear brake lines (output of both masters). Rear smartwire module having one output with a definition of" if (smartwire front.Ignition on) and ((Brake-pressure-front > 50) or (Brake-pressure-rear > 50))".... Note the ignition switch is a input on the front smartwire module.

Indicator Right:
    Hazard switch tied to front smartwire, right turn signal switch tied to front smartwire. Front smartwire having one output with a definition of "if (smartwire front.hazard on) or (smartwire front. Indicator-Right on)" this output will drive the dash right indicator light and the right indicator light on the front of the car. Rear smartwire having one output with a definition of "if (smartwire front.hazard on) or (smartwire front. Indicator-Right on)" this output will drive the right indicator light on the back of the car.

attached is the current gauge layout.
    [attachment=0:1i1rofxh]GT40 Gauge layout.png[/attachment:1i1rofxh]
    Attached Images Attached Images