Thread: a plug broke...help me put it back together !!

Default a plug broke...help me put it back together !!

help me with this
    the plug fell apart and i need to know where these wires connects to on the circuit board
    so i can put it back together.....
    thanks

Default Re: a plug broke...help me put it back together !!

It doesn't look like it broke. It looks like you've cut it open and de-soldered the wires. It's not like the plug just clips together...

actually....we were surprise the wires weren't solder together....it was just touching the circuit board
    as u can see there werent any solder marks on the panel.....
    so now i am looking for a diagram to put it back together....help me !!

Quote Originally Posted by felixy69
    actually....we were surprise the wires weren't solder together....it was just touching the circuit board
    as u can see there werent any solder marks on the panel.....
    so now i am looking for a diagram to put it back together....help me !!
    3 of the solder tags have been desoldered, and you've put heat shrink over the bare wires.

Have a look at the notes you took when you took it to bits. They'll tell you where the wires go. You did take notes, didn't you??

You could buy a new interface cable, take that apart, and copy that?

Who cares if it was broken and hes opened it to try to fix it, or if he broke it opening it to look for fun, either way the man just wants to know were the wires go.

No need to grill the poster 2 times, man i hate forums.

He implied that it fell apart, in which case I'd expect Racepak to either replace it or assist with fixing it. But it looks like he took it apart, and as such I don't think Racepak should offer much advice on how to fix it - warranty void.

The shrink warp on the wire is to protect it till it find out where they go on the circuit board
    True fact is they did just came apart when I was yanking on the plug then I realized they were just sitting on the circuit board

Regardless of who's fault it was .... I m not looking to blame
    Nor mooch some free swap
    I need this plug to be put back together asap
    So does anyone have a pin out on this unit ?
    Thank you

Sir,

you will want to Solder the "Clear" wire in the hole marked "GREEN"