Thread: V 300 and Sportsman on same Laptop

Default V 300 and Sportsman on same Laptop

I have a V300 on my Super Stock car and have recently installed a Sportsman Series for use on another car.
    Can I use the same Laptop to run both Racepaks and if so how do you create seperate files for each car?
    Thanks in advance for your help.

Default Re: V 300 and Sportsman on same Laptop

I don't have a V300 or a sportsman but I have and IQ3 and G2X and should be same procedure.

You just have to have separate "car config files" and select the correct one when needed. If you are switching working around the cars a lot, turn off your "default" car config file. That way when you open Datalink, you need to open your correct car config manually. It's less chance of you making changes to the wrong config file.

To answer your question, just go to the menu and select create new car config. It should prompt you what data logger to use, then hook up and do a "read in" of your hardware on the car.

Default Re: V 300 and Sportsman on same Laptop

Thanks for your reply, that makes perfect sense now that you say that.
    We are racing next weekend at the Division 3 points race so we will see how it goes.
    I am just trying to make sure it will work properly, there are enough things to do at the track without chasing issues that could have been worked out before you leave the shop.
    Thanks again