Thread: Turn signal in IQ3

Default Turn signal in IQ3

I have a IQ3 and a 4 channel USM, I will use two channels for L&R turn signal.

How will this be wired into USM ?

Default Re: Turn signal in IQ3

You want to log when you're indicating???

Didn't do it personally but you would and hook up one wire respectively. One channel for left, one channel for right. Depending on your car, set it to either voltage event or ground event and tap the turn signal wire and hook it up to to the "signal" input on the USM.

Then program one warning light each for the IQ3 using your new channels and basically set the paramaters so that it turns on whenever a signal is seen by the USM.

Thanks Jack, I will be deleting the stock dash so will either follow this route or some leds to display when the indicators are on.

I'd suggest the LED route. When an alarm condition is triggered, the dash text also changes to show the condition that triggered the alarm. I'd think it'd be pretty distracting on a street cat.

Good point Jeff, yes this would be a pain.