Thread: Lap Time open track

Default Lap Time open track

Hy everybody!
    Is it possible to get a lap time displayed on a open track??

Default Re: Lap Time open track

No..since the vehicle does not pass a true "start finish" line twice, as it would in closed course..in order to obtain lap time.

Thanks

Tim

Is this something that RacePak would be willing to look at?

My previous data logger did this by detecting the car launching from a standing start (speed and G's), then used the start/finish line that was programmed in as the "finish" - giving you a lap time.

Is thing something that could be added to the firmware?
    Would be useful for hillclimb type events and I guess drags, tractor pulling etc.

Yea mikejoss
    this is exactly what i would need, i drive hillclimb races and it would be very important for me to have run/lap time on display and on data linkII to analyse the several run´s.

i think that would be able to make for racepak or not??????

Hy Tim
    But on open course i have an Start line and a Finish line i think that is the same as to pass the start/finish line twice on open course. Or is this wrong?

no answer :?:
    I hope it can be fixed with the next datalink/firmware update!!!!!!!!

does Racepak answere anithing this forum ?????
    I habe looked for a motec dash thei solved the problem with an transimtor on lap start and one at lap end and a recivor at the car.
    Why can´t you make it work with GPS? When i could say in the Datalink software start lap time at this GPS point and ens lap time at another Gps point?
    I think that would be the easied way to solve it