Thread: GPS erratic reception

Default GPS erratic reception

Hi, I have looked through the previous posts related to GPS issues but don't really see the same issue I am haveing. This past weekend I was not getting any GPS mph for several sessions. I do have the antenna mounted on my roof which is metal.

Antenna wire was looped and tie wrapped to my roll cage in about a 3" long loop to keep it from winding all over the car. So I unwrapped it and ran it down along the roll cage and back along the same route but only one very long about 3ft section where the cable runs along itself.

The next session the GPS mph worked and I think it recorded correctly, I forgot to get the SD card out before I left so am not certain. However, on the next session about an hour later the unit would not acquire the satellites and gave no mph. The unit never regained satellites the rest of the weekend.

Nothing was touched or changed that I can think of between sessions. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what to check or change?

Default Re: GPS erratic reception

Sir,

You can try to look at the connector where the wire goes into the G2X itself. Their is a Brass wire inside of the antenna cable that sometimes can get pushed into the cabling and cause erratic readings. You can try to pull it back out to get a better connection.

Default Re: GPS erratic reception

Thanks, I didn't mention this is on the IQ3 dash.