Thread: Tacho misreading

Default Tacho misreading

The Tacho on my IQ3 reads about 215 at idle when it should be 4 and a bit :?: times that at idle.

HISTORY:
    Racepak repaired my IQ3 card slot (AWESOME SERVICE BTW) and when it was refitted the tacho read wrong.

Everything else seems OK.

LS2 engine + Tach = 4

What should I do please?

Default Re: Tacho misreading

Earth to Racepak.

Do you read?

Over.

Were is the rpm signal coming from? from the haltech?

To rule out a setup/setting glitch in the IQ3, maybe try connecting it to datalink and click 'send config' that way you will re send the last settings you have in datalink back into the dash

Thank you.

The signal is from one of the eight coilpacks. ECU is OEM Bosch E38.

Hello?

Guess this one just slipped through the cracks of customer service..

If it's anything like the G2X, there will be a setup setting for this, it was probably reset to factory settings or something.

Check out page 24 of the IQ3 manual PDF file here: http://racepak.com/downloads/IQ3/IQ3_Manual_v2.pdf

Check if any of the settings work for you, otherwise I'd suggest giving them a call, probably easier to get their attention when you're shouting in their ear

Quote Originally Posted by widemr
    Were is the rpm signal coming from? from the haltech?

To rule out a setup/setting glitch in the IQ3, maybe try connecting it to datalink and click 'send config' that way you will re send the last settings you have in datalink back into the dash

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by tiagosantos
    Guess this one just slipped through the cracks of customer service..

If it's anything like the G2X, there will be a setup setting for this, it was probably reset to factory settings or something.

Check out page 24 of the IQ3 manual PDF file here: http://racepak.com/downloads/IQ3/IQ3_Manual_v2.pdf

Check if any of the settings work for you, otherwise I'd suggest giving them a call, probably easier to get their attention when you're shouting in their ear
    Thanks mate. Turned out that after the dash as returned from Racepak for a service, the signal from the coil packs was set to 4. We reset it to 0.5 and it is working again fine. I like the dash but that little card is just too small to handle. A USB port or SD card would be much easier.