Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: VIPEC ECU Canbus connection

Default Re: VIPEC ECU Canbus connection

Thanks very much for the Help guys , i have emailed Todd at racepak about the Custom Canbus interface cable ...... all i need now is a 280-CA-VM-048 witch is the Vnet cable and a Cap terminator ???

Didn't your Racepak dash come with the 280-CA-VM-048 cable already? Anyway it is not needed unless you use it as an extension cable.

Yes you need to buy a terminator ($10-15)

I haven't purchased anything as of yet am looking at what i would need , I know this is probably not the place to ask but i have been searching and searching and tried to contact LINK in regards to CAN , i plan on running EGT ( exhaust gas temp ) but will that require a CAN module if i run 4 extra sensors that are not run from the original factory sensors , or would i require Thermocouple Signal Conditioner / Amplifier.

its probably a noob question to be asking but i keep searching and cant find much , very sorry if i am posting in the wrong section

On a LINK ecu you're not going to get that info with the CANBUS interface as LINK have the CANBUS templates locked in their software so you can't export custom channels out of the ECU itself so you'll need to look at getting a separate sensor module to read in the values from those sensors......... easy enough to do, I would say one of the Racepak USM (universal sensor modules) will do that .... you'll need to talk through exactly what you're wanting to achieve with Racepak on the phone (It's easiest in the long run) and I'm sure they will be able to spec out what you will need to achieve it.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456