Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: iq3 dash/g2x odometer not working, also gear indicator

Default iq3 dash/g2x odometer not working, also gear indicator

Hi:

I have an IQ3 dash (FW 17), and the odometer/trip odo don't seem to be working. I went for a quick drive this evening and neither the odo or trip odo changed at all.

I have GPS MPH configured as the input for the odo.

Also, I noticed that the sat indicator/gear indicator always displayed the # of satellites that I was receiving (never the gear position).

I think the gear ratios are correct (or at least they were for the G2X dash).

Default Re: iq3 dash/g2x odometer not working, also gear indicator

Do you have the dash software set to recognize the channel to be utilized for speed..which in turn will activate the odo? That can be found by right clicking over the IQ3 Logger channel button in the confguration file, then select the Dash Info tab. In the lower left area, under System Options should be an Odometer Input Channel text line. Select it and verify the speed input channel to the right.

The dash can be programmed to Always Show Satellites..double check that setting by reviewing the dash page setup...Right Click over the IQ3 Logger channel button, then select the Display Pages tab.

Let us know how what you find out.

Thanks
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by tim@racepak
    Do you have the dash software set to recognize the channel to be utilized for speed..which in turn will activate the odo? That can be found by right clicking over the IQ3 Logger channel button in the confguration file, then select the Dash Info tab. In the lower left area, under System Options should be an Odometer Input Channel text line. Select it and verify the speed input channel to the right.

The dash can be programmed to Always Show Satellites..double check that setting by reviewing the dash page setup...Right Click over the IQ3 Logger channel button, then select the Display Pages tab.

Let us know how what you find out.

Thanks
    Tim
    Hi Tim:

I'm back to fw 13, so the odo feature isn't available, but I don't think I ever saw that option in the list in the bottom left of the Dash Info tab. It only had 3 entries (the name and the 2 drag mode options). Could it be a configuration issue? What else should I look at?

In any event, there's something that changed in FW 14 and later that broke the gear indicator for many people...

Grab the latest version from the Download section of this site and see if that works for you.

Thanks

Tim

I was running v19, and it didn't work. I don't see anything newer.

Also, i've got a dash-only (not a logger-dash). I don't see firmware for that posted publicly.

Most recent FW for display dash is 17 (linked here viewtopic.php?p=5352#p5352)
    But I'll save you the time. Calculated gear and Odo do not work.

Woops, I meant I was running 17, not 19.

I just tested rev 18, and it fixes the problems. Both the odometer and gear indicator now work!

Quote Originally Posted by jeffw
    I just tested rev 18, and it fixes the problems. Both the odometer and gear indicator now work!
    Where did you get v18?

Quote Originally Posted by GBarr
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffw
    Where did you get v18?
    I got it from tech support. Hopefully they can figure out if it's ready for release.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast