Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cost effective Camera options

Default Re: Cost effective Camera options

Hi Tim, has there been any progress on the triggering mechanism for these cameras ???

Was the feature released from the makers in January as expected ?? I'm keen to purchase some cameras, but no point without the remote triggering and some mechanism to tie that trigger into my IQ3.

They have not yet released the optional end for the camera. We are still waiting on our end, in order for us to build the module.

Thanks

Tim

It would be awesome if you guys could make the external warning light function as an IR remote to start stop recording when logging starts and ends. Then it would be as simple as wiring in the correct IR led as the external warning light. I use a big Panasonic HDC HS9 camcorder.

Hi guys,

Any word on progress for the Replay XD camera interface ?? I would have assumed it was going to be pretty straight forward since it's just sending a stop / start signal based on some sort of VNET channel criteria ?

I've got my 2 new Replay XD cameras and are keen to get it all integrated once I get my IQ3 back from repair.

Just my usual bi-monthly request for an update on the remote trigger for the ReplayXD cameras.............

Any updates guys ??

I assume since this has been available for some time, it shouldn't be too far away ??
    http://replayxd.com/product/xd1080-hard ... p-4-meter/

Again I guess I'm assuming, but I guessed this is what you guys would use to hook your VNET module up to and just trigger it like that ??

Looking at that link you provided, and I noticed you have a Smartwire, couldn't you just send a momentary signal to start/stop recording with that Hardwire kit. You should be able to set the parameters to the same as your data logger, correct?

Racepak also makes a Vnet relay module that could probably work with that kit as well.

Here is the Replay Hardwire kit manual pdf:
    http://www.replayxd.com/downloads/user_ ... re_Kit.pdf

Yeah that's a fair call, I guess I just didn't want to bodge something up to do the job if Racepak made something specifically to do the job, but I've not had a response from various different attempts so I guess I will most likely just order one of those kits and do it with the Smartwire as you mention....... thanks for that.

I think it will be cheaper for you too since you already have a Smartwire, lol. The older camera module retailed for $189 or so, while this hardwire option is $99.

I just noticed that thing has a hdmi out as well. You need to get a mini screen in your car - that would be neat! You can use it to monitor suspension or tires or a car next to or behind you racing! Or feed the signal to a rearview mirror? Wow - possibilities are endless!

has the trigger module for replayxd 1080 been released yet?
    ive seen the video about it
    how much is it and availability?

You kinda give up waiting when it comes to Racepak sometimes eh !

I purchased one of the modules from Replay XD to have an external button and just wired it into my smartwire and then just power it when I see 10kph so the camera will trigger at the same time as the data logging. Then when you're below 10kph it shuts off.

Good thing about having that is that I can manually trigger camera with the button if I need and I have a status LED so I know the camera is on also. It's only $99 from memory, but of course you need a smartwire to make it a workable solution as I have it, but you can easily set it up to just record with power on...... I mean how often do you have the engine running without doing something with it ?

http://replayxd.com/product/xd1080-hard ... p-4-meter/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast