Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: camera

Default Re: camera

Here is my question regarding the ReplayXD camera and link with IQ3 (TIM: I already sent that question to you through Cameron):

THE PERFECT SET-UP would be this: The camera is triggered by the IQ3, that means that it powers up the camera and starts the recording. When the IQ3 stops recording, it also stops the camera from recording and it shuts it off. Power must come from the Vnet module/IQ3. So there is no need to remove the camera from its location to recharge it and no need to set it up (field of view) each time we replace it after recharging.

With this set-up, we would be able to just remove the SD card from the camera and SD card from the IQ3, upload data and movie, sync it and start analyzing the whole thing. We would never have to think about the cameras... We have lots to do between sessions (road racing) and not lots of time (not a pro racer with a big team here) to play around with such things.

If it is not possible to send power to the camera, next thing would be to leave us the opportunity to hard wire it ourselves through the battery compartment. Not ideal, but a world better than to recharge it.

But I don’t see how you would not be able to send power through the USB plug in the camera. But I'm no electronic engineer...

Thanks

c.

Charles

When the optional endcap for the Replay HD is available, we will be able to trigger the recording of the camera, along with frame information, etc. We are awaiting word from Replay on when the end cap will be in production.

Thanks,

Tim

Sorry to bother you again Tim ops:

When you say trigger the recording, do you also mean power it up? That's the my main point. If the IQ3 powers up the camera and starts the recording (along with data) and stops the recording when the IQ3 stops too, then we're in business. I'll be waiting for these camera to install this set-up in my car.

Thanks

c.

Tim,

Are these what you were talking about?

Thanks

c.
    Attached Images Attached Images

WANT!-

Any updates? Do you when that thing will be available?

Thanks

c.

That looks like a 'simple' remote control, not integrated into the racepack network. Unless there is another plug which I can't see ... must be, there is too much cable for it to be just a remote.

But I will settle for a remote .
    IQ3 logger, Haltech PS1000, USM - for now!

We have received the optional remote trigger from Replay and have that project in the engineering department. The harness has an output which will allow us know the camera status and frame count, in addition to the remote trigger ability, which is necessary to properly trigger the recording.

Thanks

Tim

That sounds great Tim. Any chance you can provide power too? That way it would always be charged up and ready to go.

Thanks!

Keep us posted Tim!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast