Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Segment Report Runlog Page Error

Default Re: Segment Report Runlog Page Error

Nope, Datalink is all there is. But I've spotted that V4.1.1 is now available for download. No mention of it on their website, or on this forum.

I'm downloading it now (143MB). Maybe V4 is the big update we've all been waiting for. I'll try and find a changelog in the files if I can, and I'll edit this post with it if I find one.

Code:
    Build 4.0.3 08/07/2012
    1) Added ability to program the G2X Engine RPM source via DataLink.
    2) Fixed issue that could corrupt the SD card when selecting the "Force New Recording on
    Next Power Up" button on V300SD and Sportsman configuration files.
    3) Display a dialog box to allow telemetry setup after adding new channels.
    4) Added ability to start a new data telemetry session with just two mouse button clicks.
    5) Display confirmation when saving files.
    6) Added default configuration button to toolbar.
    7) Added support for GoPro Hero interface module.
    8) Added support for Texense 8 channel IR temperature sensor module.
    Build 4.1.1 09/28/2012
    1) Fixed issue that could cause the COM port to hang.
    2) Enabled SmartWire Print Report button.
    3) Added compatibility for transducer box firmware version 10 and higher to allow RPM
    channels.
    Otherwise, it looks and feels the same. Not sure if the Segment Report laptime scrolling problem is fixed, but worth a try. Seems to work here, every computer is different.

Was hoping V4 would be a massive overhaul, and help Racepak catch up with its rivals. Even at the same price range, many alternative products have massively better software, but Racepak are stuck in the 1990s with theirs.

Thanks for the info. I updated to the Datalink v4.1.1, but the segment report still shows the same problem. The theoretical best lap time is correct, so at least I can utilize that. However, after about lap 23 or so (depends on screen resolution) the segment times are not correct for the lap number.
    Jared Cromas
    SCSCC Race Steward / Pointskeeper
    '12, '11, '10, '08 ITA Champion
    2008 Driver of the Year
    #111 ITA 1990 Gold Acura Integra

Well, you'll just have to hope someone at Racepak can help, but it's not looking very likely that they bother visiting this section of forum.

Edit: Racepak have sent me a fix to test, and so far it seems to work... I'll do some more testing tomorrow, and let them know. Then they can sort out a solution for you.

Thanks for all your help Tristin, they should be paying you. Did anything come of this "fix"? I know it's been a while, but I think the Datalink available for download is the same as what I already have.
    Jared Cromas
    2008 Driver of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by mc-integra111
    Thanks for all your help Tristin, they should be paying you. Did anything come of this "fix"? I know it's been a while, but I think the Datalink available for download is the same as what I already have.
    This is what I sent to him:

Do you have the ability to edit runlog pages? If you open the source code for the Segment Report runlog page, do a search for the word "LapTime(y)" without the quotes. Then replace "LapTime(y)" with "LapTime(y+_Lap_Start)".

In a quick test, the above change did seem to work but I only did a limited amount of testing before becoming distracted with other projects.

Quote Originally Posted by dasing
    Do you have the ability to edit runlog pages?
    Since I don't understand this, I am gonna go with no. Is this as simple as knowing which file to open with a text editor? Or can this be done through the Datalink software? Or do you need some kind of special compiler? If only 1 file is changed, maybe you can send me that file and I can replace it in my instillation and test it out (I can keep a back-up of my original file just in case)?

Thanks for your assistance.
    Jared Cromas
    2008 Driver of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by mc-integra111
    Do you have the ability to edit runlog pages?
    Since I don't understand this, I am gonna go with no. Is this as simple as knowing which file to open with a text editor? Or can this be done through the Datalink software? Or do you need some kind of special compiler? If only 1 file is changed, maybe you can send me that file and I can replace it in my instillation and test it out (I can keep a back-up of my original file just in case)?

Thanks for your assistance.
    Jared,

Let me try and explain. It turns out that if a user has the proper security key or level, the DataLink software can allow a user to customize the region below the main plot window. For example, below the main distance plot in the picture, I have created some oil pressure plots as I wanted to see how oil pressure tracked with RPM and different accelerations.

Creating one of these new pages or modifying an existing page requires a bit of programming within DataLink. The programming language is documented in the help topics under "The Run Log Language Reference Manual." To modify or create new pages, you go to the "Runlog" drop down menu and then select "Edit Log Definition." From there, you can select a Runlog page and edit it or create a new one. If you don't have the required security level, this option will be grayed out and not selectable. Is this the case for you?

The fix I was suggesting in my previous post was to modify the code which is used to define the Segment Report page. Ideally, you would make the source code change within your config file. This would allow the change to appear on all new files which were processed by that config file. You could also make the change within your existing data files. However, you can only make the change within DataLink and only if you have the proper security level.

Sorry for the long-winded answer. The topic of custom runlog pages isn't discussed very often.

If you don't have the required security level, this option will be grayed out and not selectable. Is this the case for you?
    Good call. The Edit Log Definition option on the Runlog menu was greyed out and I could not get it to be enabled. I bet I don't have the correct security. Thanks for the information.
    Jared Cromas
    2008 Driver of the Year

9. Default Re: Segment Report Runlog Page Error

Pick the best variants younger early spring and also coil nailers newspaper.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12