Thread: Vacuum ports?

Default Vacuum ports?

I am having a bit of a hard time with the first 48hours of running the atomic EFI.
    I was able to get the power brakes hooked up.
    I don't know where to hook up my PCV. On my Edelbrock I had 1/4 NPT at the back and 3 ports on the front . The atomic only has one 1/4 NPT on the front. I had to hook up the power brakes here. I can't find 1/8 NPT with a 1/4 inch barbed fittings. Will anyone or tech support have a part number?
    I was a little disappointed the kit did not have some way to hook up a vacuum advance port. I had a few other issues. I have been a bit surprised at the lack of quality.
    I had a throttle body with the intake studs would not line up with out opening up the holes. Next the crimp connector hole was to big. This was an easy fund. Plus a quick replacement was in the tool box. Yet the lack of vacuum ports is a surprise. It's clearly not a install in a day with out buying parts in advance.
    I hope it smooths out a bit.

What intake manifold are you using with the throttle body?
    Most intakes have ports available for a PCV or brake booster.
    MSD Tech Support
    915-855-7123

Quote Originally Posted by Xsefan View Post
    I am having a bit of a hard time with the first 48hours of running the atomic EFI.
    I was able to get the power brakes hooked up.
    I don't know where to hook up my PCV. On my Edelbrock I had 1/4 NPT at the back and 3 ports on the front . The atomic only has one 1/4 NPT on the front. I had to hook up the power brakes here. I can't find 1/8 NPT with a 1/4 inch barbed fittings. Will anyone or tech support have a part number?
    I was a little disappointed the kit did not have some way to hook up a vacuum advance port. I had a few other issues. I have been a bit surprised at the lack of quality.
    I had a throttle body with the intake studs would not line up with out opening up the holes. Next the crimp connector hole was to big. This was an easy fund. Plus a quick replacement was in the tool box. Yet the lack of vacuum ports is a surprise. It's clearly not a install in a day with out buying parts in advance.
    I hope it smooths out a bit.
    I agree with you. I paid a great sum of money for a “Ford” Holley hp kit not even close to install ready. What a hassle having to research and find more adapters and extensions to add to the kit than ones that actually work. The layout of the kit doesn’t even make sense in most spots having to cut back at the wire looms to move stuff around and spend more time and money.

Might as well say it’s a hacked up GM kit with only the fuel injection section for a Ford.