Thread: TWIN engine car using MC4.

Default TWIN engine car using MC4.

Hi chaps. I built a car with two straight 6 engines, called medusa:

It uses 2 aj6 jaguar engines , a 4.0 and a 3.6 ...and runs on LPG.

I'm just developing it ,after its first trials a couple of weeks ago , and i have decided i need a more powerful spark .

my original plan was to use two 6A boxes i have ,and use the points distributor on the 3.6 ,and the mag pickup distributor on the 4.0 to trigger them .

Then i had a an idea ! lol.

i have a dis 2 programmable ,and a mc4 bike box.

could i use the mc4 ,or the dis2 , feed one channel from the points and trigger that coil with that channel , and use the other channel for the mag distributor, and that coil .

i do have the 3 bar sensor , so could map it for vac advance too , and use the distributor advance for each engine , or the mc4 box timing curve .
    would the mc4 be able to fire a 6 cyl engine through a distributor ?that's a 6 pulses per 2 rev s so at 6k rpm 18k pulses . Flight of fancy or workable !1?? Regards, Robert.

Not sure on your ignition, but the steering wheel is from a Rover P4 90 - 105?

A lot of handwork there, I'm sure it gets lots of looks.
    Regards, Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz64 View Post
    Not sure on your ignition, but the steering wheel is from a Rover P4 90 - 105?

A lot of handwork there, I'm sure it gets lots of looks.
    yes found down the scapppy covered in green algea , but it cleaned up well .

i have only had it on the rd a couple of days , then had to fly out , but in those two days it definately got a bit of commentary

regards
    robert

any help msd ?

have i just fused the msd tech department ?

Well , that's a shame ... i was really hoping this might work .