Thread: 6013 hemi 6 coil fault alerts

Default 6013 hemi 6 coil fault alerts

I bought the hemi 6 box and harness 88864 for my 5.7 Hemi it's an 04 out of a ram I rebuilt it and went to start it up on a stand and when I have it hooked up to the laptop it says I'm having coil fault 1 4 5 7 8 every time I crank it over I cut the brown wire and have the waste spark turned off

Well I got another set of coils I'm going to see some time this week if it will start or keep throwing codes any help would be great

If you have the 88864 its for the 06-07. the 88863 is for the 03-05 so i would have the brown looped wire cut. Is this still Factory fuel injected or does it have a carb?

Its carb I have the 88864 harness

Other than the error message what else is the vehicle doing? Does it not want to run, is it misfiring?

Its backfiring out the carb I had called the tech line the other day and he said make sure I had 5 volts to the cam crank map sensor wires I do I have 12 volts at the coil wires both my cam and crank sensors are new coils are used but came off a running motor

Ended up being a bad crankshaft sensor after I replaced it fired up but what I want to know is why didn't it show up as a bad sensor instead of a coil fault