Thread: 7762 not showing up in MSD View

Default 7762 not showing up in MSD View

I've had the Grid in my car for 3 years. Went to a 10-71 blower and bought the 7762 to assist with pulling timing. I updated software on laptop, updated Grid. Still not showing MAP timing tab in MSD View. Ignition is on and with laptop connected the light on the 7762 is not coming on. All new parts, CanBus plugged in, new resistor on pigtail. What am I doing wrong?

thanks for the help, not! No replies. I figured it out. MSD had the wires wrong on the Can Bus plug, after taking the wires out of the plug and orientating them correctly it works. So if anyone else has this problem look at all the plugs and compare the wires, switch them and make them all the same.

This is the wiring pin out from Grid 7730 Main 32 pin harness end to 6-Pin CAN-bus Plug that has the Termination Cap (7741) installed.

Thin Red 13 / 4
    Brown 27 / 2
    Thick Red 29 / 5
    Thin Black 30 / 1
    Thick Black 31 / 3

In the 7730 wiring diagram they list wires going to #27 pin 2 times which is incorrect.

This same wiring sequence (1 to 5 color and wire size) needs to be the same in the 7740 CAN-bus Hub and the plug in Modules to be correct.

Here’s a quick and easy way to check to see if any CAN-bus six pin plug is wired correctly. Turn them with the plug end facing down and the 5 wires are up. The wires should all be in the same orientation on the plug ends.