Thread: Starts, but only 3 cylinders fire (5,7 & 8)

Default Starts, but only 3 cylinders fire (5,7 & 8)

Installed Atomic LS Truck EFI with MSD 82648 coils. Coils are not in drop down so used stock L33 pt#. Engine starts, but only cylinders 5, 7 and 8 are firing. Surprised it actually will run. I have run out of ideas on what to do here. I could use some help if possible please. Does anyone have any ideas? I ran a 4 gauge wire from the battery post to the heads for ground. Measure less than .1 ohms front to back.

Have you checked your grounds to make sure they are all solid grounds? Also do you have any faults on the handheld? Faulty crank sensor or anything?

Any luck finding the issue?

I had 5 bad injectors. runs on all 8 after installing new injectors. Still stalls at stop signs and hates throttle transitions. have tried to tweak TPS enrichment and intake pressure enrichment. no joy.

Have you tried opening your throttle blade up alittle? Mine did that when I first got it running. My IAC was super high, you want it down around 20 to 40 in gear.

Quote Originally Posted by frostchevelle1 View Post
    Have you tried opening your throttle blade up alittle? Mine did that when I first got it running. My IAC was super high, you want it down around 20 to 40 in gear.
    That stopped the dying issue when reving the motor slightly. It still stumbles a bit on take off. Makes it interesting in traffic. Thanks for the help. Solved almost all my issues,

Sounds like you need to adjust the MAP or TPS enrichments.