Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Misfire under accel, right bank rich - left is lean

I tried with the temp gun before but the headers are ceramic coated and I dont think it was sprayed on too evenly. After handling them around trying to get them in and out of the car this last time a bunch of the coating has come off, I should try it again.

What is your setup? Engine specs? Have you checked your cam or crank sensors? I just recently had a failed intake air sensor that would jump between 0 and 215 degrees during highway driving. Some sensors may seem ok but fail once warmed up, or I should say not fail but read off causing an issue. If you have tried 2 efi systems and they both have the same results it seems to be engine or sensor related.

6.2 liter, bored .010/stock stroke, compression ratio should be 10.7
    Ported heads, stock valve size
    Comp Cams 54-453-11 cam

I thought of a sensor issue too but I think that if it was a sensor that both sides of the engine would be going lean and not just one side, which is why I have not explored that possibility much.

Hmmm, still sounds sensor related to me being it takes time before it starts acting up. Allows time for the sensor to heat up and have alittle internal resistance. Which bank are you reading your A/F from for the injection? You have me very curious what is going on here.

Sometimes it starts going lean within seconds after starting it up. The bank for the feedback is the passenger side, this is the side that stays pretty constant. Been working on cleaning the garage up and getting ready for winter, kind of avoided the car the last two days.

Whats your fuel system? Pressure and return? What regulator are you using?

Aeromotive in tank 340 pump with an Aeromotive A1000 regulator, 6 AN fuel lines, set at 50 psi and it is a return system.

Was this the pump you used while the MSD atomic was in place? I'm pretty sure base pressure for MSD is 58 psi recommended. That's what I run at. Does it run into the pass side and then cross over to the drivers side and then run to the bypass reg? Sorry for the questions just trying to help out with what I can. But gotta know what the system is.

Quote Originally Posted by alberta_joe View Post
    Sometimes it starts going lean within seconds after starting it up. The bank for the feedback is the passenger side, this is the side that stays pretty constant. Been working on cleaning the garage up and getting ready for winter, kind of avoided the car the last two days.
    With only a single sensor on one bank, the fueling will based on that average.
    If you have higher oxygen from intermittent misfire, incomplete combustion etc, further investigation is necessary.

Have you thought about fitting the O2 to the suspect bank?

Your engine sounds rough as you are accelerating on your video.
    Regards, Gary

Quote Originally Posted by frostchevelle1 View Post
    Was this the pump you used while the MSD atomic was in place? I'm pretty sure base pressure for MSD is 58 psi recommended. That's what I run at. Does it run into the pass side and then cross over to the drivers side and then run to the bypass reg? Sorry for the questions just trying to help out with what I can. But gotta know what the system is.
    It is the same fuel pump with both EFI systems. Fuel is supplied by one line to the bottom of the firewall, then splits and feeds each fuel rail separately, the outlet of each rail then goes to the regulator and ties into it with their own ports (the regulator has two inlets and one outlet). Don't worry about the questions, any ideas are welcome as I don't want to pull the heads off yet.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast