Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A/F ratio question

Default A/F ratio question

Recently I have been having some small issues. While going over the settings and readings, I found that key on/engine off I have an o2 reading... I would think it would be 0 since the engine is off... Do I have an o2 sensor issue?

Can anyone confirm what their reading is after the o2 goes through the warm up without the engine running?

With the engine off, there is eventually normal atmosphere in the exhaust system.

So it would go high oxygen, lean condition, low volts almost zero.

What readings do you have?

Gary
    Regards, Gary

In getting any where from 19.7 to 39.6

I wouldn't be concerned about A/F ratios like that with engine off.

How long is the engine shut off for, when you see 19.7:1?

If still displayed 14:1, I'd be concerned.
    Regards, Gary

30 min. 4 hours for the 39.5

You will also note a high A/F ratio over 35:1 (On the MSD) when the engine is reved above 2000 rpm and you release the gas pedal. Fuel will be turn off at the point your release the pedal (Say 3500 Rpm) and turned on agin at 2000 RPM ...this in my case causes a Back fire. This is what I'm Trying to Get MSD to Correct.

I have an Innovative A/F gauge on my steering colunm which shows this dead spot also. The MSD will show 35:1 lean or fuel off.

So seeing no A/F reading engine off would be normal after 02 senor heat up.

Quote Originally Posted by mrkrichman View Post
    You will also note a high A/F ratio over 35:1 (On the MSD) when the engine is reved above 2000 rpm and you release the gas pedal. Fuel will be turn off at the point your release the pedal (Say 3500 Rpm) and turned on agin at 2000 RPM ...this in my case causes a Back fire. This is what I'm Trying to Get MSD to Correct.

I have an Innovative A/F gauge on my steering colunm which shows this dead spot also. The MSD will show 35:1 lean or fuel off.

So seeing no A/F reading engine off would be normal after 02 senor heat up.
    Agreed, my concern is that I do have a reading with the engine off and the o2 warmed up.

I would have expected to see a 0 reading.

Quote Originally Posted by kyddsply View Post
    30 min. 4 hours for the 39.5
    I wouldn't be concerned with this.

Is there any other issue, driveability, power etc?
    Regards, Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz64 View Post
    I wouldn't be concerned with this.

Is there any other issue, driveability, power etc?
    I have had a change of exuast tone, almost as if it was running too rich, and a light but consistant popping during acceleration. ALSO a rich condition when coming down to idle. It does correct itself after about 30 sec. to a minute.

Asumming you have done the initail set up and cam selection proces and throttle plate setting for each cam type which im sure you have done then you can elininate that. If you have not done that that I would go back to square on in the manual and follow the throttle plate setting for each cam type.

Just trying to help out hear and I'm sure you know what your doing, This is just my responce to your problem that you have posted. Others can chime in with something I have missed. I'm not the expert but we have some good guys here including our MSD Techs.

Hope you nail it down:thumbup:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast