Thread: Grid not retarding!!!!!!!!!!!!

Default Grid not retarding!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will the graph show me when my timing is being retarded for nos.... this is the way I have it wired
    Attached Images Attached Images

It seems like im not getting 12v to pin 87. should I wire pin 87 to a 12v switch also. On the software when I take the pink step 1 retard wire
    and put 12v to it it shows step 1 on. but when I remove 12v its shows step 1 off. I am triggering the retard with rpm and I have it set low enough that it should pull timing but its not.

Look at your diagram again. It even says the step input needs +12v to activate. the way you have that relay, you would need to put +12v on pin 30 to get the needed input to pin 87. Is the relay activating when you trigger it? Not sure exactly what you have connected to pin 85 and if it really provides a ground to activate that relay.

msdtech1955 Guest

Put 30 pin to 12 volts

msdtech1955 Guest

Post the link to that , so I can fix that today