Thread: Handheld does not work?

Default Handheld does not work?

Plugged my handheld in and the screen does not work? Inspected the inside of the handheld hoping there was a fuse, no fuse. There is a resistor spliced into the cable, its good(has 120 ohms according to the color code.) All the pins in all the connectors look good, nothing bent over or anything like that either.

Anyone have the same problem and found a fix? Screen mysteriously going out and then fixing it? Other than return it to MSD for repairs or replacement. Other threads suggest a replacement handheld is $225. No listing for handhelds on site, there is a TBI unit but not an LS unit.

Handheld turns on when I plug a USB cable into it, communication error after that since it's not plugged into the car. Going to go try it on the car again.

Updated:
    Didn't work when plugged into the EFI. Then plugged in my cellphone charger and it power up and communicates. At least I can make changes and monitor data like planned.

Now, is the problem with the handheld or with the EFI power controller? Anybody have the pinout for the handheld plug to see if the power controller is sending power to the handheld?

Sending it to MSD for repair or replacement.

Replaced both the handheld and the power controller, handheld still does not work? What to check next? No power coming out of the power controller at pin two(second on top left). What tells the controller to send power out to the handheld?

The new handheld does not have the USB port so I need to get this figured out.