As this is a Suggestion site and i also sugguest rype in #6530 and 6 pages of trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 4rdman
    • Jun 2016

As this is a Suggestion site and i also sugguest rype in #6530 and 6 pages of trouble

I Suggest MSD gets a average performance vehicle and have every person from TOP Management to the ones who ship the products to take a #6530 and any other programmable boxes, take a Lap Top and download a pre wrote way a average performance person could/would do it on they re cars . And no help from the people who wrote the software .Than in instructions at Summit and Jegs and other retail sales ADS make it MORE clear as the amount of work/trouble it is to get these items working . Also should say a Computer Tec would be a thing needed if your not a expert on a LAP TOP thanks because if we knew it was this hard never would have bought the 6530 .Great site and at least open FORUM
  • msdtech1955

I can tell from your various posts threads having to do with the 6530 your upset.look, in this day and age....all timing controls have advance to the point were it must be programmed on a laptop...everybody wants to control the timing differently

individual cylinder timing
    timed cures
    curves with or without a map sensor
    data logging

multi-curves ...etc

sir , please keep in mind that ignition timing technology has advance tremendously in the last 20 years ...we went from chip control in the 90's to
    plotting graphs based on the needs of the consumer.

unfortunately, what your looking for is no longer made in this industry .

I will pass your request on having a simpler /friendlier timing control to upper management ....

Comment

• 4rdman
      • Jun 2016

Glad you replied yes I understand things have got better threw new computer grafts and dials but if your going to sell these items to the majority of racers and car people than a simpler install will be needed. And this is not the first program download I have done. But so far 3 of us including a computer programmer has said that the install he is viewing is a bunch of unnecessary items such as installing a DOT and making the mouse move it around . When a more simple idea like I said would not only be better [easier] but less chance of making mistakes. These #6530 boxes are showing up for sale because the MAJORITY can not make sense of it's graft that suits a engine dyno more than ignition box. Again thanks for the reply that helps no one.

Comment

• 4rdman
        • Jun 2016

Before this gets to far off base .Just please do this and than we can all follow how you installed a 6530. EG #1 install disc CD and than when screen shows certain item/picture you than click on certain part of screen on and on one step at a time showing everyone the exact word for word way YOU did it like CLICKING RIGHT on your mouse to get DOT and how to move the graft not just sending things printed by others. Than we will all have a step by step install thanks best thing is think your talking to kid with a box of crayons and explain what color to use next. Than we will get each part in and go on to next thanks again

Comment

• 4rdman
          • Jun 2016

Read instructions Insert CD on Windows Click Start -Box A set up Press Enter The screen will walk you threw install ;Well that is where it gets vague and does not help or say enough things .The next sections are what you can explain what side of mouse you clicked and where each item comes from etc thanks all the instructions show is nothing complete or step little step by step thanks

Comment

• 4rdman
            • Jun 2016

OK Have better idea just add from instruction pages DOWLOAD pages #9-10-11-12-13-and on where it shows Features of the software as written and not one word what to do on your lap top . Please add these pages after this reply so everyone can view thanks

Comment

• 4rdman
              • Jun 2016

6530.pdf
              Originally posted by 4rdman View Post
              OK Have better idea just add from instruction pages DOWLOAD pages #9-10-11-12-13-and on where it shows Features of the software as written and not one word what to do on your lap top . Please add these pages after this reply so everyone can view thanks
              And just read one of the articles on PELICAN site and sounds really nice how easy and everything works .But that is because that person has a handle on the 6530 program ,but not because MSD explained it ==even a broken clock is correct twice a day == I installed instructions can't find any example or instructions about LAP TOP EG making a dot or more for graft ==NOTICE PDF -- and read instructions VAGUE -- Come on people read the instructions and than from SUMMIT download the graft and dials they are as clear as a bag over your head trying to ride a unicycle

Comment

• 4rdman
                • Jun 2016

Originally posted by 4rdman View Post
                Before this gets to far off base .Just please do this and than we can all follow how you installed a 6530. EG #1 install disc CD and than when screen shows certain item/picture you than click on certain part of screen on and on one step at a time showing everyone the exact word for word way YOU did it like CLICKING RIGHT on your mouse to get DOT and how to move the graft not just sending things printed by others. Than we will all have a step by step install thanks best thing is think your talking to kid with a box of crayons and explain what color to use next. Than we will get each part in and go on to next thanks again
                STEP BY STEP how you installed a #6530 every little detail so we can mirror your steps thanks

Comment

Working...
                X