Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Beyond frustrated

mpdm3 Guest

Default Beyond frustrated

Not even sure where the IAC motor is?

Was just asking what your compression ratio was for your motor.

You will need to remove the Atomic throttle body to do this. The IAC is a stepper motor that will control how much air that will be allowed to enter the motor to control idle. Some times just cleaning it will fix the problem. It is located on the backside of the throttle body and I believe it's held on by 2 screws. Sometimes the pintle will get gummed up and prevent it from moving. Just clean it up and ensure that it can move freely and reinstall and try it again. It may be faulty and need replacing and I have heard that they can be purchased at auto parts shops and are not too costly. Tomorrow a MSD tech can probably suggest other things to try.

mpdm3 Guest

CR is 9.5:1.

mpdm3 Guest

I went ahead and pulled the IAC motor. Unless I hear differently from an MSD tech, I am going to go ahead and order a new one.

mpdm3 Guest

Bojo, I really appreciate all of your guidance on this. One of the reasons I bought the car was because of the EFI, really would like it to work. Assuming the IAC motor fixes the IAC issue, what else should I do to dial this in? I am concerned about the detonation (pinging) I was experiencing.

ok, let us know how it goes.

mpdm3 Guest

Was hoping to hear from an MSD tech about any suggestions they may have. Do they monitor this forum?

Yeah they monitor this forum or you could call their tech line for a quicker response. I was thinking that maybe the IAC was the cause of this but you can also try reducing your initial timing by a couple degrees and see if that helps.

mpdm3 Guest

I will get the new IAC motor this week, but due to work commitments will not be able to install until Saturday. Will see what that does first. At idle the car is running way too rich so hoping this solves it.

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast