Thread: Atomic TCM

1. Default Atomic TCM

Te forum over there has no threads at all so hoping someone here is using thid.

Truck is running strong and drives good. However tyranny is very soft. .can't feel it shifting .

Hown do I change the firmness and perform better.

4L60E

Default Atomic TCM

There's a firmness multiplier for each shift. You can calibrate how each shift feels there. And how late it shifts as well. Be careful driving with soft settings, you can burn up the trans that way. Neutral-1st is actually the 1-2 setting and so on with the others. What converter stall do you have? This will affect firmness as well. Hook a 0-400psi line pressure Guage to watch pressure to make sure its OK.

3. Default Atomic TCM

So I am back on this...I think the snow will soon be done.

Any idea on where I should start with Shift/TCC and Firmness settings.

Currently the tranny works well but is very soft you cant feel the shifting at all but you can see the RPM drop.

The converter is a stock converter for a 4L603 and 373 gears.

I got a pressure gauge and will be putting it on but to be honest not sure what I am looking for. Obviously it will only be at idle unless I turn the wheels on jack stands that I do not want to do.

Default Atomic TCM

You can start at max or close to max in all the firmness settings then dial it down from there. This will be safer than too soft settings. Is the trans bone stock? Once you get the settings changed you should definitely feel the shifts, especially with a stock converter.