Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A few more questions I need some help with

1. Default A few more questions I need some help with

I have the truck kit 2957, most everything looks like it will go together but I have a few questions.

I know I need to get new pigtails for my injectors that are EV6

However

1. Is the factory MAF not used that is in the duct work before the intake? I don't have a connection for it that I see.

2. Same thing for the knock sensors are they not used?

3. IAC2 on the passenger side? The one on the drivers side fits so if I am reading correctly the passenger side is not?

4.Large 8 pin purple connector on the passenger side says ETC/VVT . I don't have variable timing so again not used?

5. What does ETC stand for?

6. and last o the crank sensor there are two harnesses that look to fit...a short one and a long one? Any idea which is used...pins are different.

Thanks in advance for any help

Default A few more questions I need some help with

1 maf not used/needed.

2 knock not used

3 iac2 was for future upgrades,disregard.

4,5 is for electronic throttle control. (Drive by wire) that most likely will not happen.

6 only one for each type of crank sensor. 24x or 58x (black or gray) only one fits in your crank sensor. The kit comes with 2 equal length connectors that say "crank" on the label.

Let me know if you have any other questions. : )

3. Default A few more questions I need some help with

HUGE ( I am not Donald Trump) help thanks so much

No problem man,i love this stuff!

What crank do you have? 24x or 58x?

5. Default A few more questions I need some help with

It is a 24... haven't got much luck on getting info on the other pigtails I need. However the kit should have had both according to the paperwork.

Might get new injectors.

Anyone know what injectors I can replace mine with that DONT use the EV6 connectors

Current is 12613411

Ok,you have that connector for the 24x in your kit,so thats ok. what did MSD say about the connectors?

7. Default A few more questions I need some help with

Gother the injector connectOrson in the mail...hope to put the system in this weekend

OK, keep us posted.

9. Default A few more questions I need some help with

Got it installed, wired up and fires right up.

A little problem with the firewall had to make a few cuts.

Couldn't find my injectors in the system but they were listed in the instructions.

Went in and added to where it was rated at 36 pounds and bam.

Pretty happy the way it sounds and responds.

Havent driven it yet having a problem getting the TCM mudule to recognize the TPS first.

I will go to that forum to see if there is something listed.

Thats great, glad your happy with it! I run the MSD tcm as well. Make sure you use only the ground and signal from the tps wires. Not the 5v reference, the tcm has its own. Thats how mine is wired and works fine. After you get a signal to the tcm, make sue you do a "tps learn" on the tcm for the signal to be accurate or it won't shift correctly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast