Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Buick 215 Help, Some Small Issues

Default Buick 215 Help, Some Small Issues

based on the decel popping thread, I am going to try to drop my PV to 16ish and see what that does. Sounds like I might be able to raise the PS some as well.

I would set PS to 25% and see if the issue goes away for acceleration. If that doesn't work a PS by 27% will probably fix it. PV of 17% might be a good starting point too.

Thanks, will do. Acceleration is fine, just that part throttle/cruise thing is annoying. As soon as it transitions to actual acceleration it is smooth and responsive. I will tweak it tonight and drive it tomorrow to see how it does.

How much adjustment do you have on the front and rear throttle blade screws?

How much does the IAC fluctuate when coming to a stop?

They are about 1/4 turn in from where the blades start to move. Any more and the idle was way too high. IAC is zero with a warm idle. Haven't had a copilot to watch IAC when coming to a stop

erik, please post all of your current Initial and Advanced setup settings.

Cam: Street/Stock

Idle Target-975

AF: 14.3, 14.1, 13.5

Timing: Idle: 1075 Total:2250

Idle ADV:12

Total:34

Vacuum:5, Ported

PS:16

PV:25

Still fires up nice. After the idle comes down, it is surgey until it warms up. I have noticed that the IAC is between 15 and 35 at about 150degree water temp. I see the MSD moving timing to compensate for idle from 7 to 17 degrees (idle timing set at 12) . Once it gets to 180degrees, the IAC stays around 0 and the MSD uses timing to keep the idle close. AFRs stay pretty close. When it surges and tries to stall, I see AFR go lean and timing swing around and it will catch it most times if the temp is anywhere north of 100 degrees or so.

Would I benefit from less initial timing and more open throttle blades? It dawned on me that I could probably get to the target idle RPM this way also. Thoughts, thanks!!

Are your current PV and PS settings reversed?

yes, sorry! PV is 16, PS is 25

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast