Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Starting to think i wasted my money!!!

Default Starting to think i wasted my money!!!

ok tomorrow i will pull the dizzy again and lock it out and put the phasable rotor back on and try this alternative...i will let ya know what happens....fingers crossed

I really appreciate all the help. i really wish msd would chime in on this.

I would do a full reset also and re-enter your settings before trying it.

I asume U checked that there still is power to the 6 AL box even after U let key off from crank possition? It's not feeded on that side the resistor normaly sit getting power from start selenoid.

Kents fe wrote:
    I asume U checked that there still is power to the 6 AL box even after U let key off from crank possition? It's not feeded on that side the resistor normaly sit getting power from start selenoid.

The op says he can swap back from Atomic controlling the timing and everything runs ok.

Noting all the readings on the display while trying to start / run might also give some clues, voltage, rpm etc..

Have your battery charger connected to keep the battery fresh.

Try setting your initial timing to <12 degrees which is what you see on the display during cranking, set it 10 degrees and remove all advance including any vacuum advance.

It seems to try to start at 12 degrees but when you release key to run, the Atomic adds timing and the engine stalls.

You should get the red flashing led with engine rotation on the 6al during start and run.

This should confirm what you are seeing on the Atomic display.

bdud I am avare of that. thank's for pointing it out.

Anyhow it don't work.

Now the Atomic don't know that you stop kranking so there have to be something els going on, eighter with the power supply signals or maybe this:

REV LIMITER VERIFICATION
    The MSD Digital 6AL has an optional built in Rev Limiter
    Verification feature. When the key is in the On position
    (not cranking or running), an rpm signal is sent to the
    tachometer to verify the unit's rev limit setting. With this
    function users can be sure of their rev limit settings before
    each drive.This feature is not activated from the factory. To
    enable this feature, follow the procedure below.
    Note: It is important to note that this feature should not
    be used with EFI systems. When activated, an rpm signal is sent to the tachometer. With an
    aftermarket EFI system, this could activate the injectors causing a flooding situation.
    Enable Rev Limit Verification

1. With the ignition switch in the off position, ground the Gray tach output wire.
    2. With the Gray wire connected to ground, turn on power to the ignition without starting the engine.
    3. Hold the Gray tach output wire to ground for seven seconds. (AT LEAST five seconds.)
    4. Release the wire from ground before ten seconds have passed.
    5. To confirm the process has worked, cycle turn the key On. The tachometer should sweep to the
    rpm limit set on the ignition.
    As soon as this process is complete the feature will be activated. The Digital 6AL uses the red LED to
    help indicate when an adequate amount of time has passed to release the Gray tach wire. The LED
    will turn on after the wire has been grounded for five seconds and will turn off at the 10 second mark.
    To deactivate the feature again, repeat the same process.

I would also try to attach the small red wire from both Atomic and the box direct to battery to try if it run then.

With Atomic rev limit must be set at the handheld, not on the ign box.

Winnienie Guest

"As the New Year is fresh in mind, the dominant question in mind of everyone is, “How will you make 2015 a great year?”We are also working on another console game (plus an announcement for it). Keep watching our site for updates soon.
    (__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Runescape Gold
    Maplestory2 Mesos
    FIFA 16 Coins

331 fairlane,

Question that I have is where are you taking the switched +12v from for the small red wire from the Atomic and 6AL. Are they from the same source or different?

Fairlane,

I agree with Kents suggestion, bypass the switch for the Atomic Power Module and MSD box and run these directly to the battery for a test. Make this a temporary connection, of course. If the engine does start and continue to run this bypass will have to be disconnected to shut the engine down.

i am not in front of the car rite now but i do believe i have them both connected to the old coil lead off the ignition switch...in fact i'm pretty sure of it ...i replaced that wire to eliminate the resistor . I am hoping to try again this weekend...been way too busy with farm work

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast