Thread: zz572 tuning

Default zz572 tuning

Looking for advice on timing, pump squirt, and power enrichment settings for a zz572. Atomic is controlling timing. Current fuel settings are non pwm with return and regulator. Fuel pressure is set at 60 psi. Thanks in advance!

Default zz572 tuning

Here is my best guess I have a 454 with a big cam.

Idle 14.0 (AFR)

Cruise 14.0

WOT 12.5

Timing

Idle 14-15deg ish

Total 37-38 or 39 depends how much yours will allow mine is lower compression.

non ported

Vacuum advance 13deg

I cant remember my pump squirt or PV Enrich, pump squirt is easy just drive it around and give it quick throttle inputs not WOT but hard throttle and watch the AFR or but dyno and see if it needs more pump squirt or less. It will need more but I cant remember how much it will start to become too much and you will see it become really rich on the readout when you blip the throttle. As for the Enrich it add transient fuel during the entire map when you are accelerating I had to add a tad there as well but not much.

Also most likely you need the Performance cam setting.