Thread: Can not get Engine Running Correctly

Default Can not get Engine Running Correctly

Frustrated.

I have a LQ4 block with L92 heads (LS2 370) that's connected to a 4L80E powered by a TCI EZ TCU programmer. I have added a resistor on the TPS signal as MSD thought the two programmers where fighting for the signal.

I have been through 3 throttle bodies as MSD said the blades bend under vacuum & I have since added their throttle body (MSD 2940). I have also added their fuel regulator system (MSD 2922) their wires & changed their coils from MSD 8246 to MSD 8286. They did exchange these as a return. All my sensors are brand new and engine was professionally rebuilt from the block up.

I have tried the dollar bill test (throttle body opening setting at idle) - not applicable, plus the two turn adjustment method as prescribed by MSD. The engine occasionally backfires and if I can get running, it will die for no reason a partial throttle. There is about 3/8" of adjustment screw pushing up the throttle body arm assembly.

I have removed the spectra fuel tank / fuel pump & sunk $2k in a DSE stainless steel fuel tank & Walbro GS340 and set the MSD 2922 regulator so I have 64 psi on the handheld.

I have no ERROR CODES being seen at all. I also added Stage 8 exhaust collector hardware to ensure no exhaust leaks at the O2 sensor.

The engine continues to backfire, has sluggish throttle response, and if I get it running, will die unexpectedly at marginal throttle (TPS under 10%). I thought the new throttle body & coils would be the key, but it seems to have the same problems.

I have attached the following PDF that track my numerous changes to try to get this thing running correctly. Quickly running out of time & money and any suggestions will be helpful. Hopefully MIKE @MSD.com can take this and help me find a solution.

Regards,

Thomas

Attached files

TRANS AM MSD ATOMIC LS _072014.pdf (205.2 KB) 

msdtech1955 Guest

Thomas, we will be calling you today .

msdforms@msdperformance.com

Latitude: 31.730125
    Longitude: -106.29673

Call please.

Thomas