Hello everyone. I am a new user to this forum, and I am hoping to find help with the MSD Atomic EFI system for my vehicle. I have recently invested in doing some work to my car, primarily including the MSD Atomic EFI master kit, MSD 6AL digital ignition box, Painless Wiring Harness kit, and a Blueprint Crate Engine. The main issue I am having is trying to find a base setting on the MSD Atomic for my engine. I would like to think of myself as decently mechanically inclined, but I know I have a lot to learn. If anyone could help with some advice of some base settings that I should be looking towards for my engine it would be a great help. As of right now the engine is running 13:1 AFR on both Idle and Cruise with 11.5:1 AFR WOT, Timing is controlled by the Atomic through the 6AL and is set with Idle RPM at 950, total RPM at 3000, Idle timing is 10.0, total timing is 32, and vacuum advance is set to 10.0, base timing with the timing lockout BDTDC is 15 degrees, and the cam selection is mild (if I switch to performance the idle becomes very unstable and the engine eventually stalls). The pump is 10% and the power pump is 20%, I also have target rpm set to 950 in the initial setup, but the car idles around 1000, MAP at idle usually sits around 15 HG" (Not sure what this measurement is) and if I run any AFR close to 14:1 the idle and cruise is very choppy and unstable.

Engine specs are as follows.

Block:

4 bolt main 1pc rear seal block w/Passenger side dipstick only
Square and parallel decked
Align honed main bearing bore
Cylinders honed on computer controlled machine to within .0002 straightness and roundness
Cylinders are sonic tested for thickness

1pc RMS

Rotating Assembly:

New cast steel crankshaft
Chevy heavy beam rods
Hypereutetic pistons
Hastings Moly rings
Balanced rotating assembly
Melling high volume oil pump
Flat tappet hydraulic lifter camshaft
Heavy duty double roller timing set

Cylinder Heads:

Vortec cast iron cylinder heads
1.25 diameter valve springs
Hardened retainers and springs
2.02 swirl polished intake valves
1.60 swirl polished exhaust valves
1.5 long slot, stamped steel rockers
Hardened push rods

Cam Specs:

Cam Type: Flat Tappet
.487 Intake .503 Exhaust
234 Intake / 244 Exhaust duration
@ .050 - 112 degree lobe separation

Ignition Timing:

34 Degrees Total (at 4000 RPM)

HEI Distributor

Once again, any help or suggestions are very appreciated.

P.S. Vehicle is a 1981 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 Borg Warner super T10 4 speed transmission, 10 bolt non-posi rear 263 (feel free to correct me if I got the low gearing wrong, keep forgetting the exact number) axle, Full Painless Wiring Harness replacement, Hotchkis TVS sport suspension, Blueprint Crate 383 Vortec stroker, MSD 6AL ignition, and MSD Atomic EFI.