Thread: 1968 Corvette 327cu.in 4spd

Default 1968 Corvette 327cu.in 4spd

Already have the MSD 2900 kit and I will be converting a customers 1968 Corvette. Already have the kit along with a new Edelbrock airgap intake manifold. Still have to source a fuel pressure regulator because they recommended it. The car already has a converted OEM distributor with a Petronix system. What is needed to have the Atomic EFI control ignition timing. The car has a tachdrive on the distributor and the only thing MSD has is the #8572. Is it necessary to use this distributor along with an MSD 6AL box. If I wanted to convert the tach to electronic would there be a better distributor to purchase to simplify the install without the ignition box. The engine is stock with a mild camshaft.

Default 1968 Corvette 327cu.in 4spd

I would recommend our distributor over the stock distributor with the conversion kit.

The 84211 Adjustable rotor and Digital 6A Ignition box will also be required to allow the Atomic to control timing.

The alternative distributor would be our PN 85551 without the mechanical tach drive.