Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: No idea what to try next...

Default No idea what to try next...

Another update..... Tried adding the extra cubic inches like BigCE had mentioned in his thread and it made the engine run even worse so that setup came back out again. I had to start it 3 times to get it to run with the extra cubes setup and I got a WBO2 error on the handheld but I don't know if the 2 bad starts before it finally lit up caused the error or not. I have ordered a replacement O2 sensor to try just in case mine has fouled. The error code did reset and hasn't returned so I don't know what caused it. If the new O2 sensor doesn't cure everything the EFI is coming off and I'll put on a carb. Pretty crappy after spending almost $3000 and countless hours trying to make this thing work.

GTR,

Contact our tech department at 915-855-7123. There has to be something we're missing here. It may be more helpful to speak with one of the techs on the phone while you are with the vehicle.

Finally a good update with my progress. Tried a new O2 sensor with no success. Changed spark plugs for the third time with no success. Updated the software yesterday and SUCCESS! This system works so much better now with the update, it's like driving with a properly set carb but better. Throttle response is very crisp and yet it drives nice and smooth at part throttle. Good job MSD techs! I'm glad I didn't throw in the towel on this system, it came very close and probably would have been gone if it wasn't so much work to swap back to the carb. This is exactly how I thought it would/should work out of the box.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345