Thread: Atomic on LS7 w/ 24x and LS1 sensors

Default Atomic on LS7 w/ 24x and LS1 sensors

I have a LS7 with a 24x reluctor, and LS1 sensors. I am thinking of using the Atomic LS but wasn't sure how to go about it.

First, I realize the LS7 intake manifold is different and the injector angle is different from all other LS engines. As such, I assumed I need the LS7 Atomic kit but I wasn't sure. If I can get the LS1 Atomic kit to bolt to the LS7 intake, using a spacer or bracket kit, then that would be the obvious best way, considering its 24x with all LS1 sensors. Is this possible?

If I am forced to use the LS7 kit, because it is the only fuel rails that will possibly bolt to the LS7 intake, then I will have to deal with the sensor plugs being different, but I am not exactly sure which ones are different. The Atomic LS documentation says that all Master kits come with the plug for both 24x and 58x cam sensors, which is awesome. After that, the coil plugs are different and I'm not sure what else? Will adapter plugs work, or should I just get the correct LS7 sensors?

Ultimately, I'm looking for a little guidance on the best way to get the Atomic LS rocking on my setup.

THANKS!!

Default Atomic on LS7 w/ 24x and LS1 sensors

Essentially, will the Atomic LS for the LS7 work with a 24x crank?

If so, I can just get the rest of the LS7 sensors, they are cheap.

As far as the coils go, I will have LS7 coils anyway. The plug to the coil harness is the same LS1,2,3,7 so that will not pose an issue either way.