Thread: Atomic not registering RPMs

Default Atomic not registering RPMs

I called about this today.

My diagnostics screen is not throwing codes currently. In the beginning it threw a crank sensor code, and that has since been changed. The Error does not come up any more.

The screen with all the engine pressures and information says 0 RPMs, as well as the dash screen.

The engine is spinning.

Brand new battery.

24x reluctor.

Set up as an LS6.

Tedder1@hotmail.com

What is the MAP value at key-on and cranking in the dash screen?

If the MAP value is reading normal, please verify that the crank sensor connector is firmly locked on.

30.7 inHg @ 45* in Orlando, basically sea level. drops to ~30.5 on cranking.

Crank sensor replaced and plugged in securely. Cam sensor secure, ordered a second one just to be sure.

No codes thrown.

No spark, and I assume since there is no crank input no injectors (indicates 0% duty cycle)

My old fuel computer for my rotary setup had a test mode that would actuate the ignition and injectors... Would be helpful if you guys could implement that.

Is there a specific place the two grounds coming from the rails need to connect to?

I have them grounded directly to the battery in a grounding loop [4ga through firewall, then distribution block]

Im kinda mad at myself. I used one of the spare wires thinking they were the same to connect the crank sensor. I pick one up today and under the protective sheath I see CRANK written on the fat wire, never noticed before. Then I have an epiphany and check the way they're wired. Yep wrong one.

So I crawl under the car and change out the wire harness. Reads RPMs.

Started my car for the first time today.

Now it makes sense.

Thank you for the update.

New issue, well it's been going on for a while...

The handset shows the DTC for the cam sensor, so yesterday I changed it. Still throwing the code though.

I want to clarify something here:

I have an lS6 basically, WS6 LS1 346 block with 243 heads. I threw in a comp cams 235/243 cam.

I am assuming it is the 1x setup correct? That is the wire I have connected to it. and it keeps throwing the code.