Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NEED HELP WITH SETTINGS

Default NEED HELP WITH SETTINGS

Thanks for the heads up on the update. I thought when you sign in you send email to inform when there are updates? However, after downloading the update to my desktop and dragging them on the Mirco card, inserting the card into the handheld.....nothing happens. I have performed an update before and it worked. Not sure what to do at this time. I can see the files on the card but the handheld doesnt. Just turns on like normal....nothing else happens. Deleted and retried several times....nada!!

Have the card in the handheld BEFORE turning the system on.

Also, make sure (if you can see the card on your PC) that the file names do not have a number after them (ie. (1)). Windows 7 and 8 will add numbers if they were already in your download folder. If they have these numbers after them, the ECU will not see the files.

Okay! the numbers were the problem. Appears I still had the previous downloads on my computer and they designated them (1). Thanks, problem....it started the first download immediately and asked for yes. I pushed the center button and it jumped to the main screen. Nothing else happened. I turned off the power and removed the card and reinstalled, turned the power back on and it began the second download, then the third. i checked and the correct version is showing but the settings did not reset??? What to do now??

All of the version numbers are current now? If so, just hit "restore defaults" on the main page and then re-enter all of your settings. It should have done it automatically so I am not exactly sure why it did not.

OK hit restore. Didn't seem to reset "everything" . Verified that the version is correct. I gave it some time yesterday to re-learn. I still have the same issue with starting. I guess I would like to have your input on what my settings should be for the info provided in the original post. Cam-mild or performance / vacuum setting / IAC / etc.

I do know that the motor likes a lot of timing. If not, it runs ok but its pretty dead on initial hammer down. The more timing the quicker the motor revs.

Right now I have selected performance cam / rpm idle 750 / rev limit 5900/ idle 14*/ rpm 875 / total rpm 2800/ total 40* / no vacuum / ported / pump sq 25% / pwr valve 20%.

Yesterdays run netted 2 errors - inj duty and fp cav (H). Probably due to not starting after 20 minute run and set for 10 min. Lots of torque but not much off the line..... also still not starting without excessive cranking. Hesitates on WOT. Oh, the idle in gear IAC set at 13-16 and running pwm w/ reg and return.

I have a question... should there be so much "slack" between the primary and secondary adjustment?

When resetting defaults, the screen should briefly display "Loading defaults please wait..".

If this message is not seen, the unit did not reset. The five-way toggle button on the handheld can be a bit sensitive, it is very easy to hit the back arrow instead of the middle position. This of course just sends you back to the previous menu instead of entering the "Yes" command.

DENNYSCARS wrote:

OK hit restore. Didn't seem to reset "everything" . Verified that the version is correct. I gave it some time yesterday to re-learn. I still have the same issue with starting. I guess I would like to have your input on what my settings should be for the info provided in the original post. Cam-mild or performance / vacuum setting / IAC / etc.

I do know that the motor likes a lot of timing. If not, it runs ok but its pretty dead on initial hammer down. The more timing the quicker the motor revs.

Right now I have selected performance cam / rpm idle 750 / rev limit 5900/ idle 14*/ rpm 875 / total rpm 2800/ total 40* / no vacuum / ported / pump sq 25% / pwr valve 20%.

Yesterdays run netted 2 errors - inj duty and fp cav (H). Probably due to not starting after 20 minute run and set for 10 min. Lots of torque but not much off the line..... also still not starting without excessive cranking. Hesitates on WOT. Oh, the idle in gear IAC set at 13-16 and running pwm w/ reg and return.

I would like to see you try the mild camshaft setting once the issue with the linkage adjustment is satisfied. I believe you may like the restart issues. Concerned with your question regarding "slack" in the linkage between the primary and secondary's. When you adjusted for the IAC Count, did you adjust the primary and secondary's equally? The sinc bar connecting the two should NOT have been touched out of the box. If any of the above was adjusted, possibly incorrectly, we may need to zero out your primarys and secondarys, verify your sinc bar is correct and reset the adjustments to gain the IAC count we need. It may sound confusing, but it's really simple. Send me a PM if needed

I have a question... should there be so much "slack" between the primary and secondary adjustment?

OK,should I reset it again? As I stated there was some of the data that reset and I had to put my data back in but not ALL. If I reset it again do you want me to retry loading the update again? or just reset and see if all data is changed. I believe my "fat fingers" was the issue!

I would like to see you try the mild camshaft setting once the issue with the linkage adjustment is satisfied. I believe you may like the restart issues. Concerned with your question regarding "slack" in the linkage between the primary and secondary's. When you adjusted for the IAC Count, did you adjust the primary and secondary's equally? The sinc bar connecting the two should NOT have been touched out of the box. If any of the above was adjusted, possibly incorrectly, we may need to zero out your primarys and secondarys, verify your sinc bar is correct and reset the adjustments to gain the IAC count we need. It may sound confusing, but it's really simple. Send me a PM if needed

Well in the beginning I did turn the adjustment in either 1/2 or 1 full turn to "tighten" the slack (on the secondary), as it was pretty loose. Figured since what I read stated they had to move together that it was too loose. I read later in the forum that you were not to adjust so I think I put it back where it was..... As to the adjusting of the IAC count I do adjust them each the same, albiet the adjustment is very minimal.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast