Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NEED HELP WITH SETTINGS

Default NEED HELP WITH SETTINGS

Where is the white wire of the throttle body connected?

Better yet...can you provide a diagram of how the MSD products are wired together in your car.

Sorry it took so long to get back. The white wire is not used from the throttle body. The white wire from the box is connected to the yellow from the throttle body. The orange from the throttle body is for the A/C. Basically the system is wired per the diagram;

atomic with control.jpg (226977 bytes

There seems to be some confusion.

The 8386 is one of our Ready-to-Run distributors (which would use the white wire on the Atomic), the diagram you posted is for one of our Pro-Billet distributor with a magnetic pick-up output.

Please verify which distributor you have installed.

Sorry, in my haste I selected the wrong diagram. It is wired for the 8386 distributor and 2 part cap. send me the correct diagram and I will confirm.

It is the first diagram shown on our DIAGRAMS page (link on top of this page):

http://www.atomicefi.com/Diagrams.aspx

I've attached that diagram here.

Attached files

I have it wired per the diagram......what do I do now???

Okay, I am slow on the replies from your techs but I still have the issues I stated with in the beginning. No real recommendations to use. I am a little embarrassed at car shows when I go to fire it up to leave and it cranks excessively before it starts. I have the system wired as suggested. Please work with me here!!!

I apologize for the delay.

What firmware does your system have?

MAIN MENU

DISPLAY SETUP

FIRMWARE VERSIONS

Does this hard start issue happen every time?

Have you been able to verify if the ignition coil is firing as you begin to crank the engine?

It seems like the Atomic is getting a RPM signal at crank, what is the Ignition doing?

Firmware

Hard start all the time. Sometimes after a long run it take even longer cranking to start.

As for the firing when cranking, how do you recommend I verify this?

Thanks

Please update your firmware.

http://www.atomicefi.com/update.aspx

The current versions are:

Dash: 2.0.4

ECU: 1.1.3

PM: 1.0.9

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast