Thread: One wire alternator

8lambo Guest

Default One wire alternator

Hi again,

My atomic ls system has a single wire plug for the alternator. However my alternator has a dual socket and the OEM plug on the loom has two wires ?

Do I need a different alternator? Or is there an adapter? doesn't make sense as my alternator is a OEM and the atomic should just plug in?

Thanks

msdtech1955 Guest

does your alternator look like one of these?

msdforms@msdperformance.com

Latitude: 31.730125
    Longitude: -106.29673

Attached files

8lambo Guest

Looks like the Chevy one. Number 2 of your attachments. Here is a picture of my plug

Thanks

Attached files

msdtech1955 Guest

email me your address.

8lambo Guest

My email is nbolonis@bigpond.net.au
    Thanks

8lambo Guest

Still waiting on an answer on my alternator wiring. My alternator has two wire plug and the atomic has only one wire.

What do I need to do here?

Attached files

msdtech1955 Guest

i believe you are talking to the guys at rocket currently?

just sent geoff an email with all your questions answered

The alternator only needs one wire hooked up to the 4 pin connector. The second wire for the ECU is for a different function in the stock ECU, but it is not necessary for operation of the alternator.