Thread: 0 rpm while cranking with no start

Default 0 rpm while cranking with no start

1966 dodge charger 383 4speed

mopar electronic ignition

I installed my msd atmoic and first few intial drives it worked great. Yesterday i had problems getting it to start, when it was cranking i noticed it wasnt showing any rpm on the hand held controller. I think i remeber seeing it was showing 150-200 rpms when it would fire up. Do i need to get a tach signal gmr pickup so it can get a better low rpm read so the injectors can fire?

What is the ignition set-up on this application?

Is the Atomic set up to control timing?

It has a mopar electronic ignition, it is not setup to control timing

Where is the white wire of the Atomic throttle body connected?

its hooked up to the negative side of the coil. maybe i need to play around with the idle blade ajustment. But it does run good and idles good after its been started

If the Atomic handheld is not registering RPM as you try to start the motor, check the connection on the white wire.

You may also test the white wire by tapping it go ground with the ignition switch on. Watch the Atomic handheld for RPM, the injectors should also pulse as this is done.