Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: RPM drop rapidly when coming to a stop and engine wants to stall or does stall, after 116 Update

Default RPM drop rapidly when coming to a stop and engine wants to stall or does stall, after 116 Update

Ahh... the double foot trick. I first learned it in a Volkswagen beetle. 1 foot for clutch, 1 foot for brake and gas(simultaneously). I spent many dollars on distributor changes fixing that problem. What's with all this forum searching too? like people have nothing better to do.

Default RPM drop rapidly when coming to a stop and engine wants to stall or does stall, after 116 Update

wish I had done this. I can't even use all the power in the bronco anyway. Not much racing with a four speed granny transmission. the shift throw is about 3 feet, and you must do it patiently . But with the atomic I can get out and walk alongside it up pretty much any hill. torquey!

Clean is not the word. Real nice job under that hood.

Pipelayer wrote:

I'm with you on the ford system I though I would save some time and be ahead in the end but this is the exact opposite outcome I wanted plus way more money. I also had a affordable fuel injection on a jeep for years it was awesome from day one using a GM throttle body. Also they new the kit like the back of there hand with one quick call they could figure out everything which never ended being the kits doing always something I over looked like bad coil

Pipelayer wrote:
    I have had this problem for over a year and no help? This sounds like the iac is sticking because it will only stall one out of twenty times coming to a stop at a light. Is anybody getting this fixed? It looks like its a big isue but nobody replays with a outcome on the threads.

Please post your current settings, cam duration values, ignition set-up, and transmission.

What's your voltage at? Like I said mine seemed to stop stalling when I upgraded the electrical. I was only running at about 12 volts. Seems to like it better at the 13.5 I get now. I have no idea why though, since it seems the alternator should be putting out the same juice all the time.

I took my car out today (nice weather, great ride) I noticed the following: at idle MAP = about 15,5"HG at higher rpm (1500-2500 rpm) and constant speed (not on acceleration) this drops to between 9 and 10 "HG.

I have read you can adjust the power valve setting. I never changed this setting. It does 'something' in relation to the vacuum you have.

Question: what do you think: change this setting? Up or down?

(my engine is a Ford 351W stroked to 427cu. Edelbrock Victor jr. Manifold and heads, cam is from the Extreme Energy series made by Comp Cams).

thanks.

First posting on issues with engine stalling on 55 Tbird, AOD transmission, 292 engine. Engine often stalls when car is brought to a halt. Somewhat frightening situation at times. Unit does not control distributor,,,,distributor is stock Ford

This is not a Ford problem, my SBC 327 does exactly the same thing everyone else's does. It did it last year and now a year later (after sitting for winter) I'm chasing it down again. I adjusted by IAC again, bumped up the idle to 725, but it's still there and it is dangerous. I stalled right in the middle of an intersection yesterday, so I'm bound and determined to figure this out.

I'm going to call tech support tomorrow and beat on them until we get some sort of resolution. Stay tuned, it's a good system and can only get better.

You can watch and hear it run on YouTube

Coming off a trailing throttle (coming to a stop), the idle will drop to about 400 rpm, then shoot up to around 1100 and then settle back down to the setting of 725. This is after it's fully warmed up and should be dialed in perfectly. I did notice that learning was off, then as the idle climbed back up learning was on again. Why wouldn't learning be on all the time?

As this appears to be a common and recurring problem, there should be some sort of procedure to go about curing it and at least addressing how to solve the issue, that's unless there's a flaw in the system that hasn't been debugged yet.

Coming off a trailing throttle (coming to a stop), the idle will drop to about 400 rpm, then shoot up to around 1100 and then settle back down to the setting of 725. This is after it's fully warmed up and should be dialed in perfectly. I did notice that learning was off, then as the idle climbed back up learning was on again. Why wouldn't learning be on all the time?

As this appears to be a common and recurring problem, there should be some sort of procedure to go about curing it and at least addressing how to solve the issue, that's unless there's a flaw in the system that hasn't been debugged yet.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast