Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: RPM drop rapidly when coming to a stop and engine wants to stall or does stall, after 116 Update

Default RPM drop rapidly when coming to a stop and engine wants to stall or does stall, after 116 Update

I don't think my issue was the software. After Kosher mentioned the regulator plumbing I found that the original recommended plumbing has been revised to run the reg before the TB and is a true loop instead of a single line to the TB. I changed it and mine didn't die at all and I drove it all over the freeway today. It dipped once but that may have been from messing with the cam selection.

If you are already running it this way then maybe it is the software.

Default RPM drop rapidly when coming to a stop and engine wants to stall or does stall, after 116 Update

BroncoBundy wrote:

I don't think my issue was the software. After Kosher mentioned the regulator plumbing I found that the original recommended plumbing has been revised to run the reg before the TB and is a true loop instead of a single line to the TB. I changed it and mine didn't die at all and I drove it all over the freeway today. It dipped once but that may have been from messing with the cam selection.

If you are already running it this way then maybe it is the software.

so you are running this system with a return styled fuel layout? i am running return less if that matters or not. If MSD suggested a return layout from the getgo i would have done this but they claim to work just as effective with a returnless styled layout.

So im having the same problem Like Rail a 71bronco 302 mild cam return pump and 4spd it stalls when I shift down at a stop after I hit the clutch I can catch it some times but not all the time this makes it a hand full to drive and very dangerous for my wife to drive.

This isent the first thread on this subject and not one person has posted its fixed?

Can MSD be more proactive and fix this stuff Im tired of doing the R and D for your product!

Please dont erase this thread just fix the problem and I will be on my way.

Thanks Brian

charger wrote:
    have anyone try dashpot for examble http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HLY-11-4/

There is no need for a dashpot (this is not a carburetor) the IAC controls the anti-stall when set-up correctly.

Bronco,

The IAC is a follower and is designed to slowly bring the RPM down to prevent the engine from stalling, just as a dashpot prevents the engine from stalling on a carbureted motor.

MSD Atomic EFI Support wrote:

351guy wrote:
    MSDTech i just took a drive and monitored my Atomic Dash. When I start the car up my IAC is around 25-18 up and down, when it warms up it goes into the low teens or even 0. Now when cruising on the HWY my IAC remains a steady 10. When i let off the gas the IAC drops lower to 1 then when i come to a traffic light it goes to zero and this remains that way as i keep driving the car. Does any of this info help?

This describes normal operation of the IAC. Just after start-up the IAC will go up (similar to cold idle on a carb), it will then settle down as the rpm comes down.

The IAC is a follower, it will also go up as the throttle is opened.

Ok Im having the same problems I have gotten the IAC at 10-13 at idle after worm up and it is stalling on just like before? I did notice at the stop light it will dip down to 0 some times and some times its at 10-13? Do you have more info then you have given us?

msdtech1955 Guest

how long did you drive it after update?

is atomic controlling timing >?

msdforms@msdperformance.com

Latitude: 31.730125
    Longitude: -106.29673

30 min and no on timing

The Atomic needs more time to learn. It also helps to allow the Atomic to control timing.

I have had this problem for over a year and no help? This sounds like the iac is sticking because it will only stall one out of twenty times coming to a stop at a light. Is anybody getting this fixed? It looks like its a big isue but nobody replays with a outcome on the threads.

Pipelayer,

I feel your pain. I have never been able to get my IAC in the desired range. Even with miniscule throttle blade adjustments, it still goes all the way up or all the way to zero. I finally spoke to a tech, and he said "its running, drive it and don't worry about it". I now run with it adjusted so it idles a little high. I have done a lot to my bronco since then including a full rewiring, MSD probillet distributor, 170 amp alternator, and atomic controls the timing. It seems to run ok, crawls like a champ, and only loads up a little if I idle or drive slow to long without giving it some good throttle. The problem I am having now is that the unit doesn't seem to respond to any handset adjustments for timing or Idle. The new harmonic balancer seems to have the timing marks in the wrong place so I can't lock it out and check it. But it no longer stalls at red lights. Suffice to say, I am sick to death of the whole thing. This may sound stupid, but did you try taking it someplace deserted and running it and stopping over and over to see if the unit learns its way around the problem? Wish I could help.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast