Thread: can not set iac on my cuda

Default can not set iac on my cuda

i have a 1968 barracuda with a 408 i have gone through all the steps in the setup i have the flaps so the come on at the same time and have turned them 11/2 turns and the car idles good till it get just to about 150 degrees then it shuts down to get it to stay running i have to turn the flaps another 1/2 turn it runs but at 2200 rpm i let the computer go in to learn mode then i try to turn the screws back in small amounts letting it level out at this time my iac reads zero the lowest rpm i can get it down to is 1300 rpm then if i try to turn it back any more it stalls out and will not restart till i get engine temp gets down below 150 degrees and i have done the new upgrade witch got rid of m o2 sensor code i have checked for vacuum leaks i have checked all my wiring everything is good not sure what to do now

Start with some basics:

Main power and ground should be directly to the battery.

What ignition system is this used with?

Return style or PWM?

Automatic or Manual trans?

Target idle?

MAP value key on engine off?

i am now thinking it is my map it is reading 26.8 hg when it should read 30.1 hg according to local weather or is this not a big enough of a variant to be concerned about

msdtech1955 Guest

Start with some basics:

Main power and ground should be directly to the battery.

What ignition system is this used with?

Return style or PWM?

Automatic or Manual trans?

Target idle?

MAP value key on engine off?

this info is needed to help you .